Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Just started a game with Villa. Struggling to off-load any of my players, can't shift Heskey or Davies. I've signed Anthony Annan, Oscar Cardoza and a young left back whose name I can't remember now. Got Cardoza for 10m and Annan for 2.8m, had to readjust my budgets just afford Annan's 28k a week wages, thank's to O'Neill dishing out mega money to any he fancied! Might try and shift Beye to clear some wages, to see if anybody is interested.

having the same prob...can buy one player but cant shift any others. the likes of nrc have contracts running out and i cant even afford to renew them.

6th after 15 games so not bad so far...lucas barrios was a good find for me

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait till Jan, you might be able to get rid then. I shifted Carew for 0m just because I could then use his wage to improve my squad. Also got rid of a few players in P/X deals.

p3te, did you look at the Telford striker?

Just installed this and i have a problem whenever i play as Villa on these game i struggle or get really fed up when i get on a bad run of form, so i thought i would ask you kind gentlemen for idea's.

Ideally i am looking for a challenge outside of the top divisions in the league but not sure who to start with idea's?

Start unemployed with a low reputation and see what jobs you get offered. I also found myself a bit too emotionally attached to my beloved Villa which meant I sort of lost spirit during bad times. It is easier working with a shit lower league team and make them half decent for their level.

Might try this now. As the OP said I'm kind of in the same boat and the whole wage thing was pissing me off not being able to sell some of the deadwood.

easy enough to sign players but hard to get them to gel. Villa defence is consistently poor in game. Changing to 3-5-2 now

Have signed

Annan

Park

Lukaku(a beast so far until his injury after 2 league games)

Kadlec

Roberto Carlos

also reduced wages by negotiating bigger contract players to lesser wages

Can anyone recommend any good defenders for the game? im selling the lot of mine but keeping Collins..

back 4 is poor on mine, so any suggestions are welcome.

Mexes is quite good for about 7 million. Dunne is 3.5 stars in my game and better than other defenders

Can anyone recommend any good defenders for the game? im selling the lot of mine but keeping Collins..

back 4 is poor on mine, so any suggestions are welcome.

Kamil Zayatte at Hull, available for about 2.5-3m, signed him in my current game for Villa. He's my best centre half, play himself alongside Dunne, with Cuellar and Collins as backup.

Signed Mbark Boussoufa who we were rumoured to have been after under O'Neill, plays on the left, quite a good player.

Petrov seems to struggle to last a full 90 minutes, always knackered!

Delfounso is ace aswell. Banging them in, Chelsea come knocking and he wants a move. List him and stick him in the reserves, and the interest dries up. Luckily he's decided to stay, but now he's out for 4-5 months injured.

:x

I know I have done wrong, made an illegal error, should not have an opinion but I have 'graded' Bannan higher. (just positions, work rate and changed a few hidden stats) he now starts games 145+ for PA instead of 110+ (tested 4 times)

I know, naughty me, bad boy etc.

Just something I was curious about - when you decide squad numbers at the start of season some players request a specific number - do they get shitty with you if you don't give them the number they request?

Â