Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I find it amazing that people trot out all sorts of names that are proven failures in English football; McLaren, Ranieri, Scolari, Grant to name a few, yet are completely closed to the idea of having a coach with no previous experience such as Bradley.

When a new manager is appointed you just don't know, and if it is Bradley (presumably with a DOF figure) , then it could turn out to be one of the best things to happen to our club.

I wouldn't mind Bradley. My only reservation would be his knowledge of the trandfer system, as he seemingly has little or no knowledge of thi, yet all the other managers have. Like you say though with a DOF it may work.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think folk need to accept they are not going to like the appointment.

Not just because you've never going to please everyone, but there only seems to be Jol and Hiddink who seems to have everyone agreeing.

Its not going to be either of them.

So whoever it is lets support them and see how they do.

Even if it is, god forbid Souness or Hughes!

You'd support Souness but not MON? You must have really hated the guy.

I did support MON, i just disagreed with a lot.

I would probably disagree with a lot of any manager we had.

I dont hate MON i do hate Souness and Hughes though, but whats point until they relegate us they might do well!

If we make the mistake of signing this guy (Bob Hollywood Bradley) I fear for our season. We'll be lucky if we make mid-table! I'll suspend judgement for now but I am angry...... really angry! :angry:

I'd been really looking forward to this season (especially since the debacle of the world cup). I thought we might do something this year. Not so much in the league (top 6 again) but maybe a cup or two. We were close last year and I loved going to Wembley, but it feels as if all of that is just drifting away!

Talksport's Alan Brazil has us (a manager-less Aston Villa) losing our first game to West Ham who barely struggled to make 35pts last season!

I need to wake up from what appears to be an absolute nightmare!

Sorry for the rant! It's just so frustrating. So near and yet so far! :bang::bang:

Mav!

Seriously frustrated Villan!

Exactly what is wrong with Bob Bradley that people are on the verge of spontaneously combusting over it?

Personally I don't know much about him apart from what I saw at the recent world cup, which was pretty decent.

I can understand the concern that he is untried in European football & thus a risk - fair enough. But the sheer histrionics in the reactions of some here over the prospect - I simply don't understand what it's based on.

If we make the mistake of signing this guy (Bob Hollywood Bradley) I fear for our season. We'll be lucky if we make mid-table! I'll suspend judgement for now but I am angry...... really angry! :angry:

I'd been really looking forward to this season (especially since the debacle of the world cup). I thought we might do something this year. Not so much in the league (top 6 again) but maybe a cup or two. We were close last year and I loved going to Wembley, but it feels as if all of that is just drifting away!

Talksport's Alan Brazil has us (a manager-less Aston Villa) losing our first game to West Ham who barely struggled to make 35pts last season!

Sorry for the rant! It's just so frustrating. So near and yet so far! :bang::bang:

Mav!

And you know he will be crap how?

He is tactically sound, by topping our group in the WC and beating Spain.

Nothing to be frowned at.

Is there really any rush?

Yes there is! If the reports are to be believed there is still a bit of unrest. Not to mention the fact the transfer window will be closing in just over a fortnight!

The other thing is that without a proper figure-head at the helm (to give the team a vision etc) some of our best players' heads may be turned. We've lost Milner already, there's talk of Ashley Young going and demanding show-down talks. I've even heard that Brad Friedel might be on his way!

IMHO We need to get this sorted ASAP!

Remember everyone that Arsene Wenger was a total unknown when he came to the UK.

Wenger had managed in France before going to Japan and well, monaco aren't exactly one of the smaller sides (from a football sense) in France are they?

Unknown in the UK maybe, but not unkown in european football. So much

Mav!

And you know he will be crap how?

He is tactically sound, by topping our group in the WC and beating Spain.

Nothing to be frowned at.

Come on! You know as well as I do there is a MASSIVE difference between international football and club football! Remember Scolari!

BTW topping a crap group in the World Cup is no great shakes.

Add to that the uniqueness (and difficulty) of the premiership and the fact that there have been many managers with 'good' reputations that have bombed.

No, I don't think this would be a good move at all.

Of course I will give the new man a chance. But the wrong manager at this time could spell disaster. And I really, really don't think Bradley is the man to take us forward or even keep us where we is. I'd be so very disappointed if he takes over, but I'm not going to make a big deal of it if he is. He'll get his chance for me and all I can do is hope for the best.

Come on! You know as well as I do there is a MASSIVE difference between international football and club football! Remember Scolari!

Add to that the uniqueness (and difficulty) of the premiership and the fact that there have been many managers with 'good' reputations that have bombed.

But you dont know he will fail do you?

No, I'm not a mind reader, but I'd rather not take the risk! If we do drop out of that second tier or top 8 or so. Without the proper investment it'll be really difficult to get back!

Agreed Jez. I wouldn't have Bradley as my first choice by any stretch of the imagination.

But I certainly won't be saying "Well we'll be luicky to get midtable". He might be very good, we just don't know.

yes he might be shit but we don't really have anyway of knowing.

if he had a good number 2 he could work out nicely. Every manager has to start somewhere.

No, I'm not a mind reader, but I'd rather not take the risk! If we do drop out of that second tier or top 8 or so. Without the proper investment it'll be really difficult to get back!

Anyone is going to be a risk though because we're not going to get, Moyes, Jol or Hiddink.

So get your worrying out early ;)

Is there really any rush?

Yes there is! If the reports are to be believed there is still a bit of unrest. Not to mention the fact the transfer window will be closing in just over a fortnight!

The other thing is that without a proper figure-head at the helm (to give the team a vision etc) some of our best players' heads may be turned. We've lost Milner already, there's talk of Ashley Young going and demanding show-down talks. I've even heard that Brad Friedel might be on his way!

IMHO We need to get this sorted ASAP!

You mean the Ashley Young saga that was sorted out yesterday and Friedel going on live tv saying i'ver had no contact nor do i have any intention of leaving ? , come on man keep up will you

Agreed Jez. I wouldn't have Bradley as my first choice by any stretch of the imagination.

But I certainly won't be saying "Well we'll be luicky to get midtable". He might be very good, we just don't know.

yes he might be shit but we don't really have anyway of knowing.

if he had a good number 2 he could work out nicely. Every manager has to start somewhere.

Yes. But why at our club? Look I hope I'm wrong about this and of course I'll support the new manager until proven otherwise. However I have to say that if we do appoint Bob Hollywood Bradley as manager IMO it would be a step backwards. It's just that I've got a bad feeling about it. Do you believe any of our rivals would appoint someone without at least European experience?

I mean what are his credentials? What has he won? Come on the more I think about it the worse it gets!