Valencia (H) Friendly Match Thread

rjw63

Only caught the last 30 minutes of the game, but it looked like we were the better side. Heard the NRC played well.

You have to feel like the club has a bright future. The young guns looked good today. Salifou needs to go, he's just eating up money. Let the kid go play elsewhere.

We struggle with actual through balls, anyone noticed.

We rarely try one and when it is the player is off side.

Far more comfortable switching it out to the wings to cross, everyone knows thats all we do now, we need to try other things.

No hoofing though. :thumb:

Actually I though we did fine tonight. Tried to keep it on the deck, play it through the middle, and down the wings, all in all a positive run out.

Very impressive performance, only pre-season v half a Valencia side but nice to see.

Lots of players staked a place for a start or a place at the club, if I was MON I would seriously consider starting Albrighton and NRC vs West Ham. The midfield complimented each other very well in the first half.

downing piss poor again not sure if its been posted tbh

I disagree, a big improvement from him.

His final delivery wasn't up to scratch but his all round play: movement and passing were great.

Agree with SV. Everything was good but his crossing.

for a winger that cant cross thats 75% of his game :bang:

Almost all positives to be taken from that.

Mainly from the young lads in my opinion, as any time they have out on that pitch with the first team is a chance for them to gain experience.

Clark was solid and Albrighton had a great match.

NRC played very well and A Young looked like a constant threat in the first half. Dunne was solid as always at the back. Beye also had a good game and looked composed on the ball.

L Young looked solid and overlapped well (as he usually does when playing) and Carew looked sharp once again.

The other lads did well too, however those were the standouts to me. Yes, there are a lot of them. :D

A good little workout, Downing was unlucky at the end but if we start the season with a win pre-season results will be forgotten. Nice to see the youngsters getting more of a run out, slight concerns over the fitness of the back four though with Dunne going off at half time following Collins and Cuellar's pre-season niggles. Where was Curtis Davies, is he not fit either?

Far more comfortable switching it out to the wings to cross, everyone knows thats all we do now, we need to try other things.

Actually I though we did fine tonight. Tried to keep it on the deck, play it through the middle, and down the wings, all in all a positive run out.

Yeah, we kept it on the ground nicely and some good play.

In fact, funnily enough, the person looking for the most through balls was Reo-Coker and 1 or 2 came off and the one too Heskey was very unlucky. Oh and Ashley Young's through ball to Heskey was great, wrongly flagged.

His final delivery wasn't up to scratch but his all round play: movement and passing were great.

Not when the basis of his game seems to be coming inside and looking to link up infield rather than keeping regular width.

Not when the basis of his game seems to be coming inside and looking to link up infield rather than keeping regular width.

A move into the middle, followed by an inevitable move to Man Citeh maybe?

Yeah, we kept it on the ground nicely and some good play.

In fact, funnily enough, the person looking for the most through balls was Reo-Coker and 1 or 2 came off and the one too Heskey was very unlucky. Oh and Ashley Young's through ball to Heskey was great, wrongly flagged.

We don't have the player that makes clever well timed runs upfront. Gabby. Heskey and Carew aren't really cut out for it.

Come on,Salifou is dog .... and so on

this game means nada

Since I don't watch the reserves, I have barely seen him. Not that I think he will be a big star, nor get a breakthrough at this level, but I think the focus rather should be to get rid of expensive players like Sidwell than a Togolesian player who actually seems to be able to pass the ball.