Will Beattie....

JuanPabloAngel

?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

tbh i dont know what to think anymore!! i mean dol comming out saying that if we dont get bt we will go on with what we have does'nt fill me with confidence, even if dol is bluffing who else is there at 6m?!! i could name a few but by seeing carlton play so well on saturday and angel due to returne in the comming weeks my mind is drifting to thoughts of a fast creative left winger!! i feel we would be very dangerous if we got one but all we can do is waite really and see what happens!! but if bt does'nt sign by thursday then it could be preety much over.

up the villa

I clicked on NO but I'm not sure either. The sceptic part of me says, "well how many times have we been here before and we've mostly not gone through with these "bids""

Yest the other side, the optimist side says "perhaps things have changed, the pressure's on Ellis, he's already moved to an extent from his shell, maybe DO'L will work his magic"

and then the third voice says whie he's a good player, is he what we need the most, anyway?

I'd write more, but the voices are telling me to listen to sicum (music backwards, I think they mean)

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. For me it all depends on Lowe, if he accepts an offer, he is ours.

Both Lowe and Sturrock have publicly said that BT is not for sale. They (understandably) don't want to sell their best player.

I reckon Lowe will only accept an offer if he has no choice - i.e. BT hands in a transfer request.

I waivered on this vote more than most. I went for "no" though in the end. I can't get it out of my head now that Dougie's trying to pull a fast one. Be seen to offer to splash cash for a striker, however make sure the man in question is signed to a multi-year contract with a Premiership team who don't need to sell and have no replacement. What am I thinking? It's a no-no.

To be honest, I actually think he will sign, even though I'm not sure we need him. In fact I'd spend the £6m on a £1m cover player for Samuel and a £5m attacking centre midfielder, but what do I know ?

If the deal hinges on a transfer request being put in then I'd be amazed if he didn't do it. He'd lose his 10% of the transfer which equates to £600k, but this to a man earning at least £1.5m a year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton were holding out until he handed in a request, thereby entitling them to another £600k (which would otherwise go to him). In fact I think I've hit on something there !!!

The silence on his part is deafening. He had talks with Lowe last Thursday and nothing public came of them, Lowe's public stance is getting weaker - from 'We will not sell' to 'Well, we won't keep him if he wants to go'

But ... its taking a long time now. A week since the news broke, a week and a half since the first (only?) bid?

A question? How many Centre Halves do Saints have? Now that Svensson is out for the rest of the year, will they need the money to buy another one? Is this the reason they "seem" to have softened their stance today?