Match Thread

andykeenan

And again....great skill and a big chance for Wijnaldum.

Do your players even realise that our front 4 are on average 18 years old?

Always been in impressed with the Dutch coaching methods when it comes to their youth players. This translate into skillful adult players. I have certainly used many Dutch coaching techniques in my coaching.

First Half

Started Brightly

Scored a crackering goal then got sloppy and conceded a poor goal.

Lucky to be level.

Dunne is playing it like a friendly.

Warnock has caught the Petrov syndrome and passes back nearly every time. He is getting turned inside out by their winger. A very poor show so far.

Downing :|

The rest are doing okay in what seems very difficult weatehr conditions. They have been training hard over last few days so can expect a few tired legs.

Our defenders must think Feyenoord are terrible by how many chances they've took on passes and trying to skill up Feyenoord's attackers.

We'll get a bit more serious 2nd half and we'll convincingly win IMO.

Is there a penalty shoot out after this?

I'm not too concerned about the defence. I mean I know it's shocking today, but we know we can defend well when we're up for it and Dunne's not sleepwalking. What worries me more is the lack of creativity in possession, which is a bit of a perennial problem. Petrov or whoever will come too deep to get the ball, no one else shows for it, he gets pressured then hands it back to the defence - rinse and repeat until someone fluffs an over-ambitious pass. Better movement off the ball needed, maybe the temperature's playing a part.