Barry Bannan

villianusa

A scapegoat?

He hasn't been good enough. Simple.

No he hasn't been good enough, but some of the criticism seems to be getting to point of criticism for the sake of criticism. As I said in my post, he needs to be shipped out asap. And I agree with Mike, I can't wait for this thread to be locked.

Jesus, 400 pages for Barry Bannan :blink:

More like praise for the sake of praise, which people prove false.

It wouldn't surprise me if Celtic came in for him now. There is no competition in the SPL and they have practically been knocked out of the Champions League meaning there is very little point in spending any money. They will want to win the SPL this season with the minimum amount of investment and expense. Bannan fits this bill perfectly... he will be able to compete against the very weak opponents in the SPL (probably the equivalent of League One teams) and he will cost practically nothing for a big club like Celtic.

Once the season has ended and the loan finishes then Bannan will be out of contract, have experience under his belt, have a SPL medal and may be able to use all of this to mug someone off to try to pay his extortionate wages for another few years.

Win win for everyone I think...

Hoping he gets a run out v Rotherham just to remind us.

Just to remind us ... that he is utter garbage? Lambert has dumped him mate... he will use the game to introduce players that have a future at Villa... such as Helenius, Okore, Tonev, Bacuna and Luna. Not some guy who has consistently proven he isn't anywhere near PL level.

I'd go as far as saying that there is more chance of Elvis Presley crash landing a UFO on top of the Loch Ness monster than Bannan playing another minute for the Villa first team.

400 pages proves there is something to talk about

he like many others was a young talented player which many people were excited about to see do well in the first team, now at 23 he hasnt lived up to expectations, and his off field antics havnt helped either, for whatever attributes he has, they still arent good enough for the premier league, he will be better suited to the SPL or championship

but to be fair, we have seen this so many times over the years and it is a shame, we need to really look at our youth academy and look at why they are brilliant kids who do so well but once they make the step up, they flop, granted weve had kids make it as well, but the balance is shifted more to the flop percentage than to the success perentage

Just been looking on Twitter and stumbled across a conversation someone has had with Bannan on Instagram, the person asked Bannan if it was true that he was in talks with Blackpool about a loan deal, and he confirmed that it is true. Have a look at @ForeverVilla1 on Twitter, its been retweeted by that account

• Like 1

Just been looking on Twitter and stumbled across a conversation someone has had with Bannan on Instagram, the person asked Bannan if it was true that he was in talks with Blackpool about a loan deal, and he confirmed that it is true. Have a look at @ForeverVilla1 on Twitter, its been retweeted by that account

I hope he's in talks with someone! 

If true, then Celtic would be a decent move for him. Would get a chance to win some trophies at his boyhood club, regain his place in the national team and perhaps eventually do 'a Shaun Maloney' and return to England.