Barry Bannan

villianusa

They are the same person, aren't they?

I mean, Con, Cambridge and Bannan?

I will write this again, but a little differently.

When was Bannan last involved in a deliberate act which led DIRECTLY to a goal, via a deliberate pass or NOT INCLUDING MISSED SHOTS, leading to a goal, a shot that he scored from anywhere in/out of the area?

Secondly, you also said Bannan turns DRAWS into WINS, can you show evidence where he has either SCORED a goal, or MADE an assist to turn a draw into a win?

Remember, this is 33% of games he has played, so there must be quite a few to pick from.

I will keep asking, I will not drop this Con, this will not go away like you expect it to.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 1

When was Bannan last involved in a deliberate act which led DIRECTLY to a goal, via a deliberate pass or NOT INCLUDING MISSED SHOTS, leading to a goal, a shot that he scored from anywhere in/out of the area?

Secondly, you also said Bannan turns DRAWS into WINS, can you show evidence where he has either SCORED a goal, or MADE an assist to turn a draw into a win?

Remember, this is 33% of games he has played, so there must be quite a few to pick from.

I will keep asking, I will not drop this Con, this will not go away like you expect it to.

Also Con - We are all watching keenly to await your delivery of this proof. If you don't come up with any or you choose to ignore Dodgyknees's question then it proves you are deliberately avoiding the real issues & are being selective with your answers.

We are waiting!

Over to you Con.

ps - what has happened to Supernova since he was laughed out of town? :P

I wish I was Barry Bannan :P

I wish I was Barry Bannan :P

Barry Bannan wishes you were Barry Bannan! :P

Laughable thread. Bannan isn't good enough. Delph, Sylla and Westwood are all much better and compliment each other well, while we have brought in a couple too. That isn't taking into account the possibility of Gardner coming back.

Get RID!

I have to say, I rate Bannan and feel there is a very good player in there.  (Fair play to Con for backing up his convictions on this one, by the way.) It has been a tough baptism for Bannan being thrown into the side during such a turbulent spell in the club's recent history - invariably players like Bannan tend to suffer under such circumstances.  I think some of the criticism of the player has been well over the top around here (bordering on the unjustifiably personal) and the fact that some folk went over onto another club's board to run the player down was utterly embarrassing and a very poor reflection on Villa supporters as a whole. The whole thing has reminded me of how bitchy girls behave at school when they gang up on someone who is prettier or smarter - just downright spiteful.  

The need to routinely fall into such a pattern of wolf-pack, victim-hunting behaviour suggests huge insecurity on the part of the aggressors - not only that but the outpourings of said aggressors clogs up a very decent forum with infantile, tedious, hard-to-stomach shit.  How many people have been driven away from this forum because of this childish drivel?  If you want to keep running our players down or tipping us for relegation after a couple of games, join a SHA forum and "debate" to your hearts' content.  Or save it for the playground or pub or wherever it is you meet up in the flesh.

• Like 2

so him missing a sitter from 6 yards out is classed as a key act...

well if he didn't hit the post the ball wouldn't of found its way to gabby....

got to love this comment, clutching at straws!

What club in their right mind would purchase him? Maybe we can sell him off to some Scottish side? 

I'm sure a championship league side will pick him up 

fixed

I have to say, I rate Bannan and feel there is a very good player in there.  (Fair play to Con for backing up his convictions on this one, by the way.) It has been a tough baptism for Bannan being thrown into the side during such a turbulent spell in the club's recent history - invariably players like Bannan tend to suffer under such circumstances.  I think some of the criticism of the player has been well over the top around here (bordering on the unjustifiably personal) and the fact that some folk went over onto another club's board to run the player down was utterly embarrassing and a very poor reflection on Villa supporters as a whole. The whole thing has reminded me of how bitchy girls behave at school when they gang up on someone who is prettier or smarter - just downright spiteful.  

The need to routinely fall into such a pattern of wolf-pack, victim-hunting behaviour suggests huge insecurity on the part of the aggressors - not only that but the outpourings of said aggressors clogs up a very decent forum with infantile, tedious, hard-to-stomach shit.  How many people have been driven away from this forum because of this childish drivel?  If you want to keep running our players down or tipping us for relegation after a couple of games, join a SHA forum and "debate" to your hearts' content.  Or save it for the playground or pub or wherever it is you meet up in the flesh.

I agree with this.  The remorseless slating of a Villa player is just disgusting and does not do the posters or this forum any credit.  Yes he struggled in a poor team.  I think he's got some decent skill and could well go on to do ok elsewhere, a bit like how Maloney & Routledge have done.  They also seemed unpopular, although perhaps were not scapegoats to the extent Bannan has become.