Barry Bannan

villianusa

But the stats show other players have made more cock-ups? You can't argue with facts. And stop pretending Con is the only supporter of Bannan as there are many of us. 

He was only pulled because our moronic fans were getting on is back. I know this for a fact.

Anyone remember the Bradford away match where he set Benteke up only a plate 3 times on for Benteke to miss all those chances?

I think villa-revolution should stop posting on this thread (and stay of the drink) as your opinions about Barry are of a personal nature and don't reflect his footballing ability at all.

He is the weediest player ever to disgrace the Premier League. The thing that grates me the most about him is that he is totally crap but is wearing a Villa shirt. He is not the type of player that I want to see in our team. He represents total failure

That's just hate fulled bile based on nothing but erm, hate.

That is not hate. That is just anger. If you love the Villa as much as I do then you only want the best for your team. I stand by every word in my post above.

Let me ask you a question if I may? Who in your considered opinion is the worst ever Villa player?

Oh & stay off the drink before you answer! ;)

You can't expect me to take your opinion Bannan is "totally detrimental" to team performance when we won 33.3% time when he played and 20% time when he didn't.

It's ridiculous you cannot accept this fact and rubbish it as a "statistic".

Edited by Con

You can't expect me to take your opinion Bannan is "totally detrimental" to team performance when we won 33.3% time when he played and 10.5% time when he didn't.

Con - You are the last person on this site that I expect to agree with about Bannan. One thing we both know is that we are each entitled to our opinion. How we back it up is another matter entirely. As stated previously I really want you to be right about Bannan because I love the idea of having World Class talent at Villa Park. Also, if this ever transpired I would be the first person to come onto this site & shout it from the roof tops that Con was right & that you are a genius for spotting this enigma long before anybody else.

In response to your above post I state that those victories were gained inspite of Bannan. He was undoubtedly the weakest link in the majority of those games & my eyes confirmed this to me & your stats obviously convince you otherwise, which is entirely your prerogative & intepretation .

I for one will not be spitting my dummy out on this site just because we are diametrically opposite regarding our opinion on Bannan.

If that's how it is - Then that's how it is. :)

You can't expect me to take your opinion Bannan is "totally detrimental" to team performance when we won 33.3% time when he played and 20% time when he didn't.

Con, what did Bannan do in the games which we won where he played? If you can answer that with reasonable logic there would be no argument.

The fact is that people have told you about a million times how this stat is totally meaningless yet you just continue to spout it out like a mentally handicapped person that can't learn. You aren't mentally handicapped you're just a **** idiot that ignores reason and has never watched Bannan play. This isn't the matrix you know.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Con, what did Bannan do in the games which we won where he played? If you can answer that with reasonable logic there would be no argument.

1. He didn't make any cock-ups. No own goals. 

2 Sensibly distributed play deep in midfield. I know you think this gif. is a joke but although I recognise this is a simple easy, ball it's often the simple and easy things that are hardest to do and go unnoticed.

76xfyCw.gif

3. Correctly positioned himself to make dangerous plays.

i73PSpJjRnOGB.gif

So Bannan's highlight reel for the season

a 1 yard pass made under zero pressure and an instinctive knock on towards goal that hits the post

You can post all the gifs and heatmaps you want but....

0 goals 1 assist all season.

Holman contributed more

• Like 1

These days it's almost impossible to find any Premier League highlights on youtube. Bannan contributed to our wins in other ways. He had to have done, what are the odds we're going to win 6 times with essentially 10 men?

Then why does it look like lambert has no problems selling him? If he can have such an influence on a team winning why didn't he play more? Why aren't top teams coming in for him?

He doesn't fit our style of play. We're a very dynamic team and Bannan isn't very dynamic. However, having said that Bannan did contribute to our victories, to say he didn't is harsh.

Then why does it look like lambert has no problems selling him? If he can have such an influence on a team winning why didn't he play more? Why aren't top teams coming in for him?

He doesn't fit our style of play. We're a very dynamic team and Bannan isn't very dynamic. However, having said that Bannan did contribute to our victories, to say he didn't is harsh.

Sorry I don't care what style you have.

If you have a big impact on a team winning games then there will always be a place for you in the team.

Con. Have you watched every game Barry Bannan has played for Aston Villa this year? How many exactly? Doesn't matter if it's on tv or in the flash.

How many minutes of his 30% win rate performance have  you been a witness too?

These days it's almost impossible to find any Premier League highlights on youtube. Bannan contributed to our wins in other ways. He had to have done, what are the odds we're going to win 6 times with essentially 10 men?

If there are no highlights, and you have never seen him play, how do you know what he does in the game?

You're becoming a bit of a joke to be honest. No own goals, a 2 yard pass (which isn't hard so when you say the hardest things often go unnoticed it's an absolute pile of shit), and an open goal missed. These are not signs of a good player Con. They are signs of a very bad player.

You have no evidence to suggest he is even one tenth of the player you think he is so please just stop spamming these boards with your tripe.

He very much does fit our style of play. Lambert gave him his chance over and over and over again. It then became clear he just isn't good enough and he got dumped.

I remember John Gregory telling Vassell when he first came through the ranks at Villa that he is going to play the next 10 games no matter how badly he plays. It's was an excellent piece of man-management because it takes the pressure totally off the player and lets them play with freedom and express themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is what Lambert did with Bannan... only during his run in the team he was get worse and worse and worse and it culminated in that appalling performance against Liverpool and he hasn't been seen again since. It became clear during that run that he wasn't good enough and the reason why Lambert is turning into a Villa favorite and an excellent manager is because he picks up on these things and acts on it.

Home and away me, and i dont slag the players off. So why when thinking back on Bannans contribution last season, i get flash backs of aimless long passes, useless corners, and him being easily shoved off the ball. Sorry, but two giffs does not cover over what i watched.

Hes simply too lightweight.

Edited by MagicMushroom
  • Like 1