Barry Bannan

villianusa

I seem to recall Con that you predicted in this very thread if he did leave Villa this summer that the likes of Barca would be interested. Still stand by that?

Only if Weimann goes to Real Madrid,  they have to be close to each other see.

I seem to recall Con that you predicted in this very thread if he did leave Villa this summer that the likes of Barca would be interested. Still stand by that?

It would be entertaining if you could find me saying that and provide the post #.

I don't recall saying this so the question right now has no answer. I can't imagine having a reason to say this as I know I have said repeatedly that he would need to perform for the whole season for the big clubs to be interested in the summer.

Whatever you say about him, his pass to Albrighton v Fulham was up there with the best passes I have ever seen.

It was superb.

And as I said before, if he could produce assists like that more than once every 2 seasons he might still be in the team.

I wasnt trying to justify a place in the team for him, I was just saying that pass was up there with the best passes I have ever seen.

Would put it up there with Kaka's to Crespo in the Champs League Final.

It would be entertaining if you could find me saying that and provide the post #.

I don't recall saying this so the question right now has no answer. I can't imagine having a reason to say this as I know I have said repeatedly that he would need to perform for the whole season for the big clubs to be interested in the summer.

Apologies you didn't say Barca, what you said was that he was Beckham esq and that he was potentially world class and then the following;

I'd expect Wigan, Swansea, Arsenal or Man Utd to be interested, but he'd probably only leave us for Arsenal or Man Utd.

I suspect he will be off this summer but I don't think it will be for Arsenal or United.

And you didn't qualify this with any mention of him needing to perform for the whole season in order for this to happen. You posted this on page 171 of this thread back in January.

Here's the entire quote - I was recognising he might be sold, and that if he were to leave us by choice it would be for a big club. 

Yes, sadly he might be, for next to nothing compared to his true value.

I'd expect Wigan, Swansea, Arsenal or Man Utd to be interested, but he'd probably only leave us for Arsenal or Man Utd.

We'd still have Gary Gardner, if he can regain his form after injury, but if we could keep both Gardner and Bannan I believe we would have two world class players in our team.

Under present ownership we can't afford to buy two world class midfielders, so Bannan and Gardner, as potential world class players, are IMO the Villa future.

I also said, on the same page, he would have to maintain his form for the season to interest the big clubs.

I said this about Beckham

You're right he's a different kind of player to Beckham, the only comparison I am making is set piece delivery. No, he's not Beckham standard at that yet, may never be, but if he only gets even 80% way to Beckham consistency he will still be a world class player.

Edited by Con

Apologies you didn't say Barca, what you said was that he was Beckham esq and that he was potentially world class and then the following;

I suspect he will be off this summer but I don't think it will be for Arsenal or United.

And you didn't qualify this with any mention of him needing to perform for the whole season in order for this to happen. You posted this on page 171 of this thread back in January.

Well now that Wigan have been relegated what is motormouth Whelan waiting for? Probably not even considering such a disasterous move because he surely realizes that buying Bannan is a passport to the Vauxhall Conference & beyond which paradoxically is where Wigan actually belong.

Here's the entire quote - I was recognising he might be sold, and that if he were to leave us by choice it would be for a big club. 

Yes, sadly he might be, for next to nothing compared to his true value.

We'd still have Gary Gardner, if he can regain his form after injury, but if we could keep both Gardner and Bannan I believe we would have two world class players in our team.

Under present ownership we can't afford to buy two world class midfielders, so Bannan and Gardner, as potential world class players, are IMO the Villa future.

I also said, on the same page, he would have to maintain his form for the season to interest the big clubs.

I said this about Beckham

You're right he's a different kind of player to Beckham, the only comparison I am making is set piece delivery. No, he's not Beckham standard at that yet, may never be, but if he only gets even 80% way to Beckham consistency he will still be a world class player.

The additional line I omitted adds nothing to the point and is largely irrelevant which is why I didn't include it so I'm struggling to see why you are highlighting as if it some how detracts from the fact you seemed to think the likes of United or Arsenal would be interested in him this summer.

As for the Beckham quote, you said his crossing was Beckham esq which was as laughable at the time as it is now.

As for the point about maintaining form, yes you did, only his form was no good back then either and certainly not of a level to attract the interest of the likes of Ferguson or Wenger even if maintained for the remainder of the season.

I'm amazed how much stick Con gets for being (okay: delusionally, obsessively) pro-Bannan, when so many people post equally delusional negative posts about the manager and players and so often nobody says a word.

I mean whatever, but personally I'd much rather read posts that are overly positive than overly negative, and it seems to me there are a lot more of those going around.

• Like 1

I'm amazed how much stick Con gets for being (okay: delusionally, obsessively) pro-Bannan, when so many people post equally delusional negative posts about the manager and players and so often nobody says a word.

I mean whatever, but personally I'd much rather read posts that are overly positive than overly negative, and it seems to me there are a lot more of those going around.

I'm positive Bannan is Crap! ;)

• Like 1

I actually think if we did sell Bannan he could go on to be a success. I also think he could easily play for a better team than villa. The lad has natural ability, he just needs someone to coach him to always play to his strengths. Could definitely see him at Swansea.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I actually think if we did sell Bannan he could go on to be a success. I also think he could easily play for a better team than villa. The lad has natural ability, he just needs someone to coach him to always play to his strengths. Could definitely see him at Swansea.

He also has desire, tries the ambitious, and is a natural leader of men - he's never anonymous and always wants to take charge. Could captain his team one day. He doesn't own a pink land rover either.

When all that happens you'll remember this thread.

He also has desire, tries the ambitious, and is a natural leader of men - he's never anonymous and always wants to take charge. Could captain his team one day. He doesn't own a pink land rover either.

Truly inspiring. Bannan for PM.

, and is a natural leader of men 

:)

The only time Bannan has led men was when he was being chased by the old bill :P:D;) ................Allegedly ;)