Things English football fans love

* Pace

* Power

Things Premier League is known for

* Pace 

* Power

I accept that.

• Like 1

First thing first, there is no such thing as the Premier League. There is an SPL and there is the PL but no Premier League.

You are technically right (which, according to Futurama, is the BEST kind of right) but everybody outside of the UK calls it the Premier League so as not to be confused.

After all, I used to play in the Premier League when I was younger - but not the Premier League.

Doesn't really matter how many people call something by the wrong name, it is still wrong.

Well it's not wrong for people outside of the UK. 

Other countries have their own Premier League (it is just Latin for first league after all) so refer to the English one as the Premier League.

You're not going to be able to change that.  

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 3

Bannan has similar attributes to Charlie Adam in the sense that they both love to ping a ball,great left foots and superb technique. Wouldn't surpise me if he went on loan to them this year but i agree Holloway was a nob to us. He would suit Celtic aswell though.

Bannan is great at pinging the ball to Louis Suarez!

Give it a rest, it was 1 mistake. Get over it :L

2 mistakes in 20 minutes.

I dare say he made a lot more in the other matches too.

Things Bannan hasn't got

* Pace

* Power

* Pace

* Power

* Pace 

* Power

I accept that.

Most of the best loved players in the game don't have these attributes. There is more to Barry knocking than just that so let's not try to state otherwise.

You're guessing, and based on a magical estimation formula which is approximately your bias * number of times you've sworn at Bannan.

Here are the actual stats.

Minutes played / Turnovers + Dispossession = Minutes until error (higher = better)

Westwood 76

Bannan 59

El Ahmadi 52

Delph 42

Sylla 31

• Like 1

First thing first, there is no such thing as the Premier League. There is an SPL and there is the PL but no Premier League.

You are technically right (which, according to Futurama, is the BEST kind of right) but everybody outside of the UK calls it the Premier League so as not to be confused.

After all, I used to play in the Premier League when I was younger - but not the Premier League.

Doesn't really matter how many people call something by the wrong name, it is still wrong.

Well it's not wrong for people outside of the UK. 

Other countries have their own Premier League (it is just Latin for first league after all) so refer to the English one as the Premier League.

You're not going to be able to change that.  

Yes it is wrong as it isn't its name.

I'm not trying to change anything, just stating a fact.

You're guessing, and based on a magical estimation formula which is approximately your bias * number of times you've sworn at Bannan.

Here are the actual stats.

Minutes played / Turnovers + Dispossession = Minutes until error (higher = better)

Westwood 76

Bannan 59

El Ahmadi 52

Delph 42

Sylla 31

Once again no context to your stats what-so-ever.

Why don't you go to VP once in a while yourself and see first hand.

In case you are wondering what I mean by context, I mean he is worst out of our two deepest lying midfield players... worse by some distance by the looks of it against Westwood. The other midfielders wouldn't be as good because they play higher up the pitch making more forward passing balls to players in a lot less space. Bannan plays a lot of sideways passes to the defence.

You can get stats to state whatever you want, but it is absolutely no substitute to watching with your own two eyes and it is for this reason that Lambert dumped Bannan because despite you finding him having the best stats in any which way you want him Lambert has seen with his own two eyes, in the flesh, that he simply isn't good enough.

Dumped for being rubbish... not for being awesome. Wake up.

Things Bannan hasn't got

* Pace

* Power

* Pace

* Power

* Pace 

* Power

I accept that.

More patronising posting.

At least you're consistent.

In case you are wondering what I mean by context, I mean he is worst out of our two deepest lying midfield players... worse by some distance by the looks of it against Westwood. The other midfielders wouldn't be as good because they play higher up the pitch making more forward passing balls to players in a lot less space. Bannan plays a lot of sideways passes to the defence.

You can get stats to state whatever you want, but it is absolutely no substitute to watching with your own two eyes and it is for this reason that Lambert dumped Bannan because despite you finding him having the best stats in any which way you want him Lambert has seen with his own two eyes, in the flesh, that he simply isn't good enough.

You are guessing, and guessing wrong.

Bannan actually played more forward balls than Delph, El Ahmadi and Sylla. He is on the same percentage as Westwood.

63.9% Westwood's balls are forward. 63.4% Bannan's balls are forward.

http://www.squawka.com/players/barry-bannan

Bannan actually played more forward balls than Delph, El Ahmadi and Sylla. He is on the same percentage as Westwood.

He's not on the same percentage then is he?

He's on a similar percentage.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

But still to players in more space... context!!! 

Noun
  1. The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
  2. The parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

You don't get dumped from an awful Villa side for being awesome. Doesn't that tell you something.

We're not that awful

The season as a whole was awful. That is easily lost as all are optimistic because we avoided relegation and finished the season with some excellent performances (coincidently after Bannan got dropped from the side).

We're not that awful

The season as a whole was awful. That is easily lost as all are optimistic because we avoided relegation and finished the season with some excellent performances (coincidently after Bannan got dropped from the side).

I don't know things were looking up ever since the second half the Newcastle home game. We were still playing well whilst Bannan was in the team.