Barry Bannan

villianusa

I don't personally think Bannan is as bad as some make out. But he's not good enough if we want to escape relegation dogfight next season. We already a small midfield, and Bannan has the least to offer from our small midfielders so unfortunately I can't see a future for him here. He could be a decent player for another club though, Wigan could do worse than him if they lose Maloney.

I think Bannan has some talent in there but the people that rate him(well 1 in particular) and the people that dont rate him go way overboard in their praise and criticism. 

He is not Xavi but he is also no Osbourne and we have had worst midfielders

I do think a lot of people are overly critical of Bannan. He's no where near as bad as some of you are making out. I think that the fact that Con is making him out to be a much better player than he is making people say he's worse than he is. Why aren't people calling for Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Licahj(sp) etc to be sold? They're all about the same level. Bannan hasn't done anything to warrant the criticism he gets, all he's done is try to win games for us, is that such a crime? 

This thread is about Bannan. If you look in the Albrighton and Ireland threads you will see PLENTY of people calling for them to be sold. You won't see it here because it's about Bannan. Lichaj's out of contract in the summer. Herd, I don't even know if he has a thread. I'd keep him around as backup personally (and LIchaj).

I think Con's heat maps and stats "proving" that Bannan is the best Crosser of the Ball in Europe is what's generated such a big reaction from other posters in the other direction. Bannan is average. Nothing more, nothing less. It tickles me a little bit that a player so undeniably average can have a 280-page thread dedicated to him.

Not even in the Scottish squad for their upcoming qualifier.

Not just Mr Lambert who doesn't see anything in him.

Saw enough in him to give him over 1700 minutes of football.

I'm not surprised he isn't in the Scottish squad. There's actually a lot of competition in midfield and as he has not been getting first team action for us, there is no way he will get into the Scotland squad.

Not even in the Scottish squad for their upcoming qualifier.

Not just Mr Lambert who doesn't see anything in him.

I'm not surprised he isn't in the Scottish squad. There's actually a lot of competition in midfield and as he has not been getting first team action for us, there is no way he will get into the Scotland squad.

You're forgetting one thing, the reason Bannan wants to leave Villa is because Strachan gave him a pep talk, as he's the best Scottish footballer ever, who needs to move to a club where fans don't have Internet access as Bannan gets bullied online and..

Sorry, I can't remember the rest of the bullshit.

And saw enough of him to replace him in the side after January with a kid from the second division in France.

He will be gone this summer if we can find a taker.

• Like 2

Earlier in the thread we decided Bannan's on about 12k, which last we checked, was probably the lowest of our midfielders. He's offered us great value this season.

Great value LOL. With his 1 assist, 0 goals and shit tackling stats.

Three assists according to the fantasy premier league game (who count Westwood on 7 assists rather than 6).

Earlier in the thread we decided Bannan's on about 12k, which last we checked, was probably the lowest of our midfielders. He's offered us great value this season.

I wouldn't pay him with match stalks. If that figure was 12p we would have still been seriously ripped off. I'd rather buy half a pkt of polo mints! :P

whoscored have him on one along with other sites.

That's the official count, but the FPL is more generous. If we're being generous, he has three assists.

I'd also mention the 34 key passes and near-assists.

whoscored have him on one along with other sites.

That's the official count, but the FPL is more generous. If we're being generous, he has three assists.

I'd also mention the 34 key passes and near-assists.

That's what i want though. Official. I don't want generous stats. It makes him look better than he really is.

That's what i want though. Official. I don't want generous stats. It makes him look better than he really is.

Not necessarily. Their generous method applies to all players. Westwood is given 7 rather than 6.

Whereas on the official stat it's Westwood 6 - 1 Bannan, on the FPL count it's Westwood 7 - 3 Bannan. I think the latter score is a much fairer reflection of Bannan's influence this season.