Barry Bannan

villianusa

Losing game is not awesome and we had lost the midfield 34% vs 66% before Ramires was sent off. We ended the game on 47% possession, so overall we lost the midfield. Saying anything else is being sentimental about your own team.

Yes there were periods when we appeared to be bossing it, but winning the midfield is much easier when the opposition has just had their DM sent off.

So you disagree that our midfielders were good today?

You believe Bannan would have made the performance better?

Edited by AstonMartin82

So you disagree that our midfielders were good today?

You believe Bannan would have made the performance better?

Whether our midfielders were good or great today is not the point when we are discussing Bannan and I've said more than once on previous pages I wouldn't have Bannan in the team on current form. This result against Chelsea doesn't change that. 

Gardner coming in, it's going to be harder now, because I always thought Gardner was the better player. Doesn't change my opinion about Bannan's ability or the statistics.

You said we lost the midfield so it clearly is the point as to whether our midfield was good or not!  :rolleyes:

This would not have happened, and has never happened with Bannan on the pitch. I think it is safe to say, regardless of possession (Barcelona beat Bayern on possession but lost 7-0), that we won midfield against one of the best teams in the league. That gives me great comfort for next season and is awesome because our future is bright. Unlike Bannan's.

G8YQtmK.jpg

You said we lost the midfield so it clearly is the point as to whether our midfield was good or not!  :rolleyes:

This would not have happened, and has never happened with Bannan on the pitch. I think it is safe to say, regardless of possession (Barcelona beat Bayern on possession but lost 7-0), that we won midfield against one of the best teams in the league. That gives me great comfort for next season and is awesome because our future is bright. Unlike Bannan's.

G8YQtmK.jpg

Those are good stats, but it was 11 vs 10, then 10 vs 10, which gives much more space for the passes.

The more interesting statistics from today's game were the nine interceptions Delph made, and the tackles made by Delph and Sylla.

Oh right, so now the circumstances of how the statistics were derived matters.

The difference is, I'm not slating our midfield for these great statistics. 

Who is the lunatic here?

"A" who has all season had a balanced view, praising where appropriate and criticising where appropriate. Or "B" who has been Segwaying the same argument since September whether we win or lose, Bannan plays well or badly.

If "B" isn't the lunatic "B" definitely has an agenda. Someone who cannot find a good word to say about Bannan's play has a caricature of an opinion, not a real opinion.

Wants to leave in the summer to progress his career as he's not going to get a chance here apparently. 

Is that a good guess or do you have info?

I'd thought that would be Gordon Strachan's advice to Bannan. Frankly, it would be my advice too, although he'd need to choose where he goes carefully. He's a technical footballer so he needs a team that passes through the middle.

Wants to leave in the summer to progress his career as he's not going to get a chance here apparently. 

Good.

Maybe he has been told that the club will not renewing his contract too and we can hopefully get some £££ for him whilst he has a year left.

Some mug will pay for him i'm sure.. even if it is a 6 figure sum.

Is that a good guess or do you have info?

I'd thought that would be Gordon Strachan's advice to Bannan. Frankly, it would be my advice too, although he'd need to choose where he goes carefully. He's a technical footballer so he needs a team that passes through the middle.

It's from one of the corporate guys' Twiiter, he feels out of favour and doesn't have any relationship with the manager. 

https://twitter.com/HowardHodgson

Edited by Swerbs
  • Like 1

"Had a chat with Bannan today. Definitely leaving according to him in summer."

"few offers on table. Was upset about it but said it was inevitable as no relationship with boss."

My guess is Swansea or Cardiff.

Time to get the party food and music going?

Howard Hodgson ‏@HowardHodgson 1h

Had chat with Bannan today.. Definitely leaving according to him in summer. #avfc

Let me know if he needs a lift.

Good man ArteSuave! Here's a tip for you, don't arrange to pick him up from a corner ;)

Also, if you have any unforeseen mechanical problems simply use me as Plan B & I will willingly give Bannan a one way piggy back all the way up  to John O' Groats if necessary! :D

• Like 1

"Had a chat with Bannan today. Definitely leaving according to him in summer."

"few offers on table. Was upset about it but said it was inevitable as no relationship with boss."

My guess is Swansea or Cardiff.

I agree that one of the Welsh Premier League teams will be interested in him. My money would be on Airbus UK or Bangor.

• Like 1

:wave:

Fantastic news, though totally expected. Has been awful for 5 years... been given hundreds of opportunities and never controlled a single game in the manner he needs to at this level. I'd be amazed if a Premier League club came in for him. Best he can hope for is a Scottish Premier League club or a Championship one.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Can we lock this thread now and forget that this wally ever played for us?

:cheers: 

• Like 1