Barry Bannan

villianusa

Why should they bother you?

Not everyone reads every thread on here. Most people will dip in and leave. That's what I always used to do before I signed up for an account.

This will be the first time some of the readers would have seen it and maybe the last time they revisit the site for weeks.

These maps also show a very revealing fact about the way we played the last game so are worth reposting.

I'll not be put off posting more movement maps in future.

With the best will in the world Con you post one of your heat maps and I look at it and think...."what the **** does it mean?"

And then this fog descends and I am lost and when it lifts I am none the wiser. I'm guessing a lot of posters are stumbling around in the fog with me.....sorry!

Edited by Harry

With the best will in the world Con you post one of your heat maps and I look at it and think...."what the **** does it mean?"

And then this fog descends and I am lost and when it lifts I am none the wiser. I'm guessing a lot of posters are stumbling around in the fog with me.....sorry!

Simply, there is someone who watches the game and tracks where the players go on the pitch. (They might take a snapshot every minute of the 45, so track 45 different movements).

Where you see colours that are not pitch "green" that shows where the player has moved during the game.

What colour the colour is, shows how often they were at that spot.

Red =  that spot a lot

Yellow = very often

Bright green = often

Blue = not often

Pitch green = rarely/never

Hope this explanation helps.

10hisjq.png

If we don't play 5 defenders (3 defenders and 2 defenders playing on the wing) we'll play three midfielders.

Bannan - LCM

Sylla - CM

Westwood - RCM

Delph would come on as sub for Sylla after 60 minutes.

So, have we decided yet whether Bannan is the worst player in Premier League history, or the best crosser in the league and a pivotal cog in the success of our underachieving team?

What a polarised 'debate'. 

He's neither. 

He's an okay player in a poor team. 

But he's a trier. Which confuses me. At Villa, we've always liked a trier, 'even a Scottish trier'. If they 'work their socks off', then that's okay. Not with Barry, for some reason, he seems to be the butt of all criticism. I don't understand it. Stephen Ireland has half the bollucks of Barry, and yet he's exempt from criticism because a long time ago he played well with Robinho.

• Like 1

What has Bannan done significantly wrong in games? Because again, I don't see how any of the abuse(its gone past criticism) he gets is at all justified. No one has justified there hatred as of yet. Bannan tries harder than most, does his job well(deep lying playmaker) yet people brandish him as shite for the most insignifacant reasons like 'he passed the ball in the air to Baker for 6 yards'....who cares? He got the ball from A to B and we retained possession. Bannan is classy on the ball, something no one else at Villa is. Westwood is economical but safer than Bannan, and it seems that Yacouba Sylla is just a battering ram and an enforcer. Therefore we need a little tenacity and a good range of passing which Bannan has in abundance.

Next game should be 4-3-3

Guzan

Lowton - Clark - Vlaar - Baker

Westwood - Sylla - Bannan

N'Zogbia - Benteke - Gabby

(bring Andi and Dawkins as impact subs)

Ireland isn't exempt from criticism but he doesn't have anyone claiming he is world class either.

Who has claimed Bannan is world class?

Go back and find the quote or stop labelling Bannan supporters.

What has Bannan done significantly wrong in games? Because again, I don't see how any of the abuse(its gone past criticism) he gets is at all justified. No one has justified there hatred as of yet. Bannan tries harder than most, does his job well(deep lying playmaker) yet people brandish him as shite for the most insignifacant reasons like 'he passed the ball in the air to Baker for 6 yards'....who cares? He got the ball from A to B and we retained possession. Bannan is classy on the ball, something no one else at Villa is. Westwood is economical but safer than Bannan, and it seems that Yacouba Sylla is just a battering ram and an enforcer. Therefore we need a little tenacity and a good range of passing which Bannan has in abundance.

IMO Bannan is one of the few midfielders we have who can actually cross - Ive seen it with my own eyes before. Just not this year so much. If you've seen the last 20 or so Bannan floaty corners you would understand the fans frustration. If you've been watching this season you will now remember all the times he has come deep to get the ball off the centre backs or full/wing backs to stop them just lumping a long ball forward and then just lumping it forward himself and losing possession time and time and time again. his positioning has also been questioned in that he leaves fellow midfielders isolated on the ball. It's probably fair to say that lots of people just come here and say "he's shit" but to suggest there's no reason why we're criticising him and that no-one ever says why is simply untrue.

Who has claimed Bannan is world class?

Go back and find the quote or stop labelling Bannan supporters.

He's the "scottish Iniesta" isn't he? Some people thought that meant he was from Scotland and played like Iniesta i.e. world class. They didn't realise it's just what Iniesta's game would be like if he eat Battered Mars Bars for tea, liked the pop and went out drink driving on the motorway :D

Heat maps should be banned

I've got no problem with people using evidence to back up their opinions. even if i dont agree with them. Fair enough its gone a bit off topic in here, but in fairness to con his hatred of the 3-5-2 is well documented (along with most of us) and people like Cambridge-AVFC (see above) want to see some evidence to back up peoples opinions. 

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1