Barry Bannan

villianusa

am sure if we transfer listed him he would be snapped up by another Premier League club very soon and if a success then same people be blaming McLeish

no other prem club would come in for him imo

You just keep telling yourself that. :lol:

only the wigans and norwichs of this world would come in for him

Rumours (and admittedly, they are just that at the moment) that Liverpool are quite keen would suggest otherwise (though that said, this is the club that blew £20m on Jordan Henderson and £30m on Andy Carroll).

Hopefully this whole sorry saga will be the wake-up call he needs.

He needs to realise he is a very lucky young man who could have the world at his feet if he wants to work hard and take the opportunity that is in front of him.

He will either go that way, or continue his shenanigans and slide into obscurity.

As a Villa fan and a Scot I really hope he is intelligent enough to make the right choice. He has real potential.

How come there are so many people saying he's crap/we should sell him? Before this happened I don't remember anybody saying such things.

I was albeit I didn't say he was crap just didn't get all the adjulation he was getting.

To bring some perspective this is the guy who struggled to get a regular start for Leeds last season

How come there are so many people saying he's crap/we should sell him? Before this happened I don't remember anybody saying such things.

I was albeit I didn't say he was crap just didn't get all the adjulation he was getting.

To bring some perspective this is the guy who struggled to get a regular start for Leeds last season

So what if he struggled to get first team football with Leeds last season. That was last season. Up until this season he's been getting regular football with us and doing very well.

Joey Barton is a good footballer. Do I want him at Villa? Hell no.

Why not? Because of the type of person he is - nothing to do with his ability.

Bannan is in the same basket. The only thing going for him is that this is his first offense....

... and, now, his last chance. He's allowed to make a mistake - we've all made them - but he should not be allowed to make another of similar ilk without being shown the door.

One drink driving offence does not put him in the same basket as Joey Barton.

I'm curious....

... how many drink driving offenses does it take?

The only difference between Barton and Bannan is that the later should get another chance to set it right. His footballing ability doesn't excuse his behaviour.

Whether he's "doing very well" is all a matter of opinion

The stats suggest otherwise, jury still firmly out IMO

The stats? According to statistics, he's our third most creative player.

Ahhh but Gareth, it is a matter of opinion whether you think that being our third most creative player is 'doing very well' or not.

I personally think that Habib Beye is doing well and Gabby Agbonlahor is just a drain on our wages.

:winkold: