Barry Bannan

villianusa

If only Bannan ever did the work of Cameron Jerome, who got the assist, then I might begin to think there is hope of a good player in there.

However, scoring a goal from 5 yards and making Cameron Jerome look like a world beater is absolutely not proof of a good player.

At least he didn't miss this time.

I guess it wasn't possible for everybody just to give him credit without making a dig...

It would have been had it also been possible for people not to give him credit when he's done absolutely nothing to deserve it. As previously mentioned, this thread is only trundling along because of one lone ranger.

In all seriousness though, good for Bannan. If he has found a place where he can play, then more power to him. He wasn't good enough for us but maybe he is good enough for palace.

Bannan to Palace is Pareto efficient.

HAHAHA good one :D

Great awareness in finding the space tbf and did well to finish being under pressure from the Hull defender.

Well done Bazza. We miss you.

Any human being with 2 legs would have been able to finish that move. If these are your standards for Aston Villa, and indeed the Premier League then your player judgement seriously has to be called into question.

That, or you are trolling. Just like your mate Con.

Great awareness in finding the space tbf and did well to finish being under pressure from the Hull defender.

Well done Bazza. We miss you.

Any human being with 2 legs would have been able to finish that move. If these are your standards for Aston Villa, and indeed the Premier League then your player judgement seriously has to be called into question.

That, or you are trolling. Just like your mate Con.

Why do you take this stuff so seriously?

• Like 1

IMO we should place a bid for him in January. He's obviously matured a lot as a player in the few months since he's left, seeing that quality strike today, about 10-15 million would be a good deal IMO.

IMO we should place a bid for him in January. He's obviously matured a lot as a player in the few months since he's left, seeing that quality strike today, about 10-15 million would be a good deal IMO.

I hope we've got a sell-on clause for his inevitable move to Barcelona.

• Like 1

Lambert will go down as one of the worst managers in footballing history - purely for letting what is obviously the best footballer in the history of the world go for such a small price.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I guess it wasn't possible for everybody just to give him credit without making a dig...

It would have been had it also been possible for people not to give him credit when he's done absolutely nothing to deserve it. As previously mentioned, this thread is only trundling along because of one lone ranger.

That doesn't make sense. So you would've given him credit as long as other people didn't?

That doesn't make sense. So you would've given him credit as long as other people didn't?

If Con wasn't posting a load of nonsense about how good he is, I wouldn't be posting about how awful he is. Simples.

If Con wasn't posting a load of nonsense about how good he is, I wouldn't be posting about how awful he is. Simples.

Only one of us can be right? Either he is "awful" or he's as good as I've said.

It's your opinion that my observations based on last season's statistics are nonsense.

Fact is, compared to the rest of the squad, he did have a good season, because when he played generally the team did well. Don't sound surprised all over again as I've posted the stats again and again.

He was also noted in media for his astonishing crossing accuracy.

These are the stats that showed we should have kept him.

What happened was, Lambert bought in Westwood over the previous summer and decided to stick with where he spent his money and sell Bannan.

The best thing we can hope for if Bannan does a Ramsey on the back of much higher confidence levels is Palace get relegated we offer to buy him back, and Bannan still would like to come back.