bickster

Who will top the group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

Good. I don't think blooding youngsters in is the right idea, we don't how good they will be yet. You can't just blood in players like Delfouneso and then leave Agbonlahor out who is a better player.

Blooding people who are aged 20-23 possibly though. The likes of Johnson, Agbonlahor. At a push Rodwell. Delfouneso needs to get some more games under his belt for Villa first.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying Rooney needs to be dropped= :crylaugh:

He is playing as well as he did when Ronaldo was at Utd, when he also played alot deeper. When you play a player "out of position" (Rooney has himself said he prefers being in the box rather than coming deep) it's flippin obvious that you won't get the best out of him.

When you have a player as good as Rooney, you have to play to that strengh, not doing so it madness beyond belief. He was the one player I though gave us a chance, but Capello is either mad or has been to too many Villa games.

I bet Fergie is laughing his ass off.

I wouldn't drop him. However that would only be on name and is that right? He has certainly been one of the worst at this WC.

Wilshere, Rodwell, Adam Johnson and Delfouneso are the way forward, blood them now so they get experience during friendlies

Good idea, apart from Wilshere - he's a word removed with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Holte End. He'd get nowhere near an England shirt if I was in charge

surely only talent should be taken into consideration

Good. I don't think blooding youngsters in is the right idea, we don't how good they will be yet. You can't just blood in players like Delfouneso and then leave Agbonlahor out who is a better player.

Blooding people who are aged 20-23 possibly though. The likes of Johnson, Agbonlahor. At a push Rodwell. Delfouneso needs to get some more games under his belt for Villa first.

Agbonlahor is not as good as Delfouneso, more experienced yes but not better

I can't think of anyone who has good to take out of it.

Cole has been consistant as has Terry.

Johnson and Heskey both had a good 90 minutes.

Gerrard had a good 25 minutes.

Errrrr, literally after that, it's been pure shit from everyone.

As an outsider looking in at England I thought Heskey has been poor in both games so far. Hes probably worked the hardest of any of your players but he gives the ball away so much. Every header he wins seems to go to an oppossition player.

I thought Carragher has been playing better than Terry whole looks shakey at times and even slower than Carragher if thats possible. Ashely Cole has probably been your most consitant player.

He is currently a better player than Delfouneso. No doubt about that. Given a 38 game season, there is no doubt, that Agbonlahor would perform the more consistantly and better for the team out of the two. That's not to say, Delfouneso won't be better. Not now though. Just because you've watched him for the reserves or England under 19's doesn't somehow make him a better player.

I can't think of anyone who has good to take out of it.

Cole has been consistant as has Terry.

Johnson and Heskey both had a good 90 minutes.

Gerrard had a good 25 minutes.

Errrrr, literally after that, it's been pure shit from everyone.

As an outsider looking in at England I thought Heskey has been poor in both games so far. Hes probably worked the hardest of any of your players but he gives the ball away so much. Every header he wins seems to go to an oppossition player.

I thought Carragher has been playing better than Terry whole looks shakey at times and even slower than Carragher if thats possible. Ashely Cole has probably been your most consitant player.

Heskey was brilliant vs the USA. I don't think he gave the ball away once in that match. His only bad point was his finish. Even people who dislike Heskey could see he had a good match (like Rob!!!) :o

He is currently a better player than Delfouneso. No doubt about that. Given a 38 game season, there is no doubt, that Agbonlahor would perform the more consistantly and better for the team out of the two. That's not to say, Delfouneso won't be better. Not now though. Just because you've watched him for the reserves or England under 19's doesn't somehow make him a better player.

nope even during his limited 1st team outings he's shown more than Gabby ever has, all Gabby has over him is pace, Delfouneso has superior touch, awareness, finishing, football brain, technique

all Gabby has over him is pace,

Experience, strength, goalscoring record, hold-up play and heading ability are factors to be completely ignored then?

I said experience, hold up play- no chance, heading ability is about the same

There is no rivalry but he is simply mad.

He'd rather had (and he'd say so himself)

Bent-Delfouneso upfront for England

rather than

Rooney-Agbonlahor.

:shock:

point being?

That you're just a bit mad is his point I think! I wouldn't disagree. :D

all Gabby has over him is pace,

Experience, strength, goalscoring record, hold-up play and heading ability are factors to be completely ignored then?

I said experience, hold up play- no chance, heading ability is about the same

And the decent into lunacy continues.

nope even during his limited 1st team outings he's shown more than Gabby ever has, all Gabby has over him is pace, Delfouneso has superior touch, awareness, finishing, football brain, technique

No he hasn't. :? Delfouneso has barely been given a chance so i'm not going to say his performances have been weak but the only game he got decent time in the Premiership, vs Sunderland, he looked decent but not better than Agbonlahor.

Delfouneso is NATURALLY better in front of goal and a more naturally gifted footballer but that doesn't mean he will do a more effective job than Agbonlahor all of a sudden. There are geniunally non league footballers and youth footballers who in front of goal will be more clinical, have a better footballing brain about that and a better touch, that doesn't suddenly make them better players. Because at the moment, Delfouneso is still young and learning the game of how to find himself in good position, how to link the play up, bringing others into the game, keeping the ball, making the right runs for the team. Staying in the game for 90 minutes, manipulating defenders.

Greater natural ability doesn't suddenly mean greater player. It's how you use your ability and get the best out of it for individual and team purposes and Delfouneso in that aspect has alot to learn as he is only young and inexperienced.

You are mistaking talent for performance in my opinion. For example, Wilshire has greater natural talent than James Milner but that all of a sudden doesn't make him a better player. It just means potentiall he can be as good and has the talent to surpass him.

People saying Rooney needs to be dropped= :crylaugh:

He is playing as well as he did when Ronaldo was at Utd, when he also played alot deeper. When you play a player "out of position" (Rooney has himself said he prefers being in the box rather than coming deep) it's flippin obvious that you won't get the best out of him.

When you have a player as good as Rooney, you have to play to that strengh, not doing so it madness beyond belief. He was the one player I though gave us a chance, but Capello is either mad or has been to too many Villa games.

He's playing up front. He might not look like it as he's ambling about like Phil Mitchell at the moment, but he's playing up front as a centre forward in the position he likes to play in and the one that he thinks he's best in.

England are playing to his strengths, it's just that he seems to have forgotten what they are.