Next leader of the Labour Party should be.....

chrisp65

and the next Labour leader should be......  

132 members have voted

1. 1. and the next Labour leader should be......

• Dave Miliband
    • Ed Balls
    • Ed Miliband
    • Alan Johnson
    • Dennis Skinner
    • Eddie Izzard
    • Workers co-operative along marxist leninist lines
    • Pointless box for token inclusion of celt fringes
    • None of the above
    • Ross Kemp
    • A Female
    • Dianne Abbott

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mantis ITK, do you consider your acquaintance to be a good judge of character?
Yes and no. Yes because I think she is but no because she's incredibly biased. She's a hardcore Brownite. At the same time, I doubt she'd lie about Ed being a nice guy. He looks like one. Don't know about party leadership quality though.

Gordon seems like a decent, honest chap to be fair. Way out of his depth though.
You must be joking. Everyone who's worked with him has said how much of a hothead he is. It's almost common knowledge that's he's a jerk in private.

Been told that Ed has won and is the new leader

How do any VT labour supporters feel about this ? Happy ? A bit meh ? Etc etc

That wouldn't be a surprise.

Ed's a bit if a nerd, but he's not like Blair or Brown.

David is too much like Blair for the party to run the risk.

and the Tory party are run by a man who tries his hardest to be Blair :-)

At least whichever takes control will have been seen to have gone through a fair contest. This morning again we see very dodgy deals being reported on how the Tory party is funded and consequently on how their priorities will be swayed towards looking after hedge funds and tax thief's

No doubt the "celebrity" / "pop idol" culture will still rule though and we will see comments on how he looks, what he is wearing etc.

One problem Labour might have moving forward with Ed is that he is the union's man. If they do raise holy hell over the spending cuts later this year and the broader public turn against their actions, it won't paint Ed or Labour in a good light come the next election.

No surprise really. Logical choice and now certian to be our next Prime Minister.

I am not so sure. I think it depends on whether the cuts force a greater recession or the economy picks up. I think that even though people don’t want the Tories, they probably still haven’t forgiven the Labour party and those who served with it. I think also that vast parts of the country won’t trust someone backed heavily by the unions (as vast parts of the country will).

and the Tory party are run by a man who tries his hardest to be Blair :-)

At least whichever takes control will have been seen to have gone through a fair contest. This morning again we see very dodgy deals being reported on how the Tory party is funded and consequently on how their priorities will be swayed towards looking after hedge funds and tax thief's

Source?

No surprise really.

I reckon his bro would disagree.

certian to be our next Prime Minister.

10/10 for optimism fella, I'd bet Cameron and Clegg can't believe their luck. He'll take Labour to the Left which, while pleasing to its members, will make it unelectable as a Government - at least in England.

Cheers! :cheers: