The New Condem Government

bickster

Typical politician really, he's known he's been guilty for how long now? But decides to plead guilty at the last opportunity and then obviously resigns (only because he has to). He knew he was guilty but hung onto his little bit of power (and wages and expenses... ) as long as he possibly could. Bit of a metaphor for the Liberal Party really, desperate for power...

Shame we can't ask for all the money back for that length of time.

I totally agree.

But still, I can't help on another level feeling sorry for a man who has ruined his life so badly that he receives text's like that from his son.

I'd be interested to see what the son (who does also seem to be a bit of a prick, jusging by the texts) thinks of the Mother. There's no other words for her actions than spiteful and vindictive. She's prepared to but herself in trouble with the law simply to get back at her ex husband. Revenge is seemingly a dish best served very cold.

There's a lack of class all round in this. It's lack an episode of Jezza Kyle for a 'higher' strata of society

Typical politician really, he's known he's been guilty for how long now? But decides to plead guilty at the last opportunity and then obviously resigns (only because he has to). He knew he was guilty but hung onto his little bit of power (and wages and expenses... ) as long as he possibly could. Bit of a metaphor for the Liberal Party really, desperate for power...

I totally agree.

I've not seen the idea mentioned in the media at all, no one has even mentioned how preposterous the whole idea of this has been, its all so normal and it shouldn't be, thats how messed up the political radar of this country is

I mentioned to my dad yesterday that Huhne should be told to pay back his MP wages for the past few months. He's been receiving them illegally, based upon deception.

Edited by Jon

I totally agree.

But still, I can't help on another level feeling sorry for a man who has ruined his life so badly that he receives text's like that from his son.

I'd be interested to see what the son (who does also seem to be a bit of a prick, jusging by the texts) thinks of the Mother. There's no other words for her actions than spiteful and vindictive. She's prepared to but herself in trouble with the law simply to get back at her ex husband. Revenge is seemingly a dish best served very cold.

There's a lack of class all round in this. It's lack an episode of Jezza Kyle for a 'higher' strata of society

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

I totally agree.

I've not seen the idea mentioned in the media at all, no one has even mentioned how preposterous the whole idea of this has been, its all so normal and it shouldn't be, thats how messed up the political radar of this country is

I mentioned to my dad yesterday that Huhne should be told to pay back his MP wages for the past few months. He's been receiving them illegally, based upon deception.

Only months? His speeding offence was 10 years ago, this court case has been on the go since the allegations emerged in May 2011

The usual Tory bigots have escaped so it seems. Cameron tries to keep them locked away usually but he must have left the key in the door.

God there are some pretty disgusting people out there these days 

Shame on the 118

Shame on the 14.

More like shame on the VT atheists who suddenly seem to care about a Union in a church before God   :winkold:

Is it just me that is bored of the whole thing  though , if Adam wants to marry Steve then let him get on with it  the church have never been against Gay funerals so why should they be against gay marriage 

Ever twas it so Drat. How anyone can oppose the Bill is totally beyond me. They had some absolute Tory clearing in the woods on R5 last night banging on about natural law and how marriage pre-dates religion.

Shame on the 118

Shame on the 14.

More like shame on the VT atheists who suddenly seem to care about a Union in a church before God   :winkold:

Is it just me that is bored of the whole thing  though , if Adam wants to marry Steve then let him get on with it  the church have never been against Gay funerals so why should they be against gay marriage 

mjmooney in "Agrees with tonyh29" shocker.

You're right about the church thing. It's like the women bishops issue. Can't think why the **** they would want to be priests or bishops in the first place, but the church makes itself look even worse than it is by opposing it.

Ever twas it so Drat. How anyone can oppose the Bill is totally beyond me. They had some absolute Tory clearing in the woods on R5 last night banging on about natural law and how marriage pre-dates religion.

I expect the usual silliness to come from the political debate we see week in week out but some of the comments that are now surfacing are not about the usual punch and judy politics they are deeply held (obnoxious IMO) views that are nothing more than homophobic. Fair play to Cameron if he is really a supporter of this and is prepared to stand up to what seems to be a large part of his party.

Is it just me that is bored of the whole thing though , if Adam wants to marry Steve then let him get on with it the church have never been against Gay funerals so why should they be against gay marriage

I wish everyone was as bored of it as you. Its the 21st century these Victorian Values moralising bigots need to step up a few centuries

EDIT: And I dont know why they want to do it either but they do, so they should be allowed to

Some highly entertaining comments on the Beeb website Including

1 Hour ago If this Bill gets through, The Conservatives will loose my vote at the 2015 election. Simple.

So "Nick's" vote will go presumably to one of the other 2 major parties who have rightly stood up in objection to this abominable new law. :rolleyes:

Some highly entertaining comments on the Beeb website Including

1 Hour ago If this Bill gets through, The Conservatives will loose my vote at the 2015 election. Simple.

So "Nick's" vote will go presumably to one of the other 2 major parties who have rightly stood up in objection to this abominable new law. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a BNP voter to me (can't spell "lose", for a kickoff).

Where do UKIP stand on this one?

Quietly on the sidelines if they've got a grain of sense...... no need to get involved. Cameron is pissing off 100 of his own MPs..... the more rabid ranks of the Tory vote will hardly head towards Labour or the Lib Dems. Nigel is in with a shout of getting elected in Eastleigh simply by doing **** all.

Â