The New Condem Government

bickster

It was a nice try, in a Rugby sense because he has scored one there.

It is typical right wing thinking - "Oh no, that might affect me!" me, me me.

So in your world, when politicians of all colours going into the next general election, ask people to consider the issues that affect them, then ALL of the politicians, and ALL of the electorate are right wing.

Because that's what people will be asked to vote on, particularly by Labour, the issues that affect them.

So in your world, when politicians of all colours going into the next general election, ask people to consider the issues that affect them, then ALL of the politicians, and ALL of the electorate are right wing.

Because that's what people will be asked to vote on, particularly by Labour, the issues that affect them.

yes*

because that's pretty much what we've been reduced to, no vision, no grand plan, no long game

empty bids and promises of an extra twenty quid if you vote for this suit over that suit

*not 100% all of the electorate will vote for immediate personal gain, but all the main parties will use immediate personal gain as their prime vote winning punt because the object of the game is to gain power, not to empower Britain

• Like 2

The difference being that Labour will be pledging to take on the issues that affect the majority unlike your Tories who are looking out for their own little elite group.

One of your problems is that you think far too literally on a single point.

We live in a a very individualistic society. Labour reflect that, which is why they are no longer a left-wing party. They wouldn't get voted in, otherwise.

I wouldn't argue for people to ignore issues that affect them, but I do think we've lost a certain sense of social responsiblity. We no longer look out for our fellow citizens. We think paying a bit of tax absolves us of that responsbility. Then we get angry at the government for not looking after people well enough, or for spending too much money on looking after people. We don't think long term, we allow short-term gains and interests to dominate public debate and it has cost us, we've been led astray by governments full of half-wits and opportunists, who have ignored big, important issues for too long. Everything is centred around the individual. What can we do for you? Vote for us, you'll have a bit more money in the pocket. It works, and fair enough, but it is a piss poor way to run a country.

Anyway, who cares about social responsiblity and democracy. We want profit, profit, profit!

• Like 4

We want profit, profit, profit!

Yes, well. We'd hoped that mankind would have moved on from this terribly self destructive ethos, perhaps onto something a little more enlightened and sustainable.

120lbw9.jpg

It appears that we may need to take a couple of steps backward (skull smashing), before we can move forward, in a different, more positive direction.

:)

The difference being that Labour will be pledging to take on the issues that affect the majority unlike your Tories who are looking out for their own little elite group.

One of your problems is that you think far too literally on a single point.

Thank you for your youthful insight into 'my problems', which apparently are a problem because they debunk your wayward views.

Not my Tories by the way. I have never been a member of, nor affiliated to them in my entire life, and have no plans to do so.

Although politicians on the right declared it foolish at the time, and with much condemnation from the government in Westminster, the welsh assembly went ahead and nationalised Cardiff airport. Passenger numbers are up over 10% within the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26600480

Edited by Kingfisher
  • Like 2

more money wasted by IDS, good job he knows he is right, and anyone with anything even approaching a different opinion, no matter how many facts back their opinion up is wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/16/dwp-jobs-website-universal-jobsmatch

Disgusting. So their political incompetence is suppressing economic recovery, making it incredibly difficult for the unemployed to find any kind of work, never mind suitable work. On top of this they can't even get their job classified website right.

They're utterly, utterly out of their depth this lot. Step aside and let people who know what their doing take charge.

Tories: Cleaning up the mess

Although politicians on the right declared it foolish at the time, and with much condemnation from the government in Westminster, the welsh assembly went ahead and nationalised Cardiff airport. Passenger numbers are up over 10% within the year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26600480

I think that the 'foolishness' was to do with the amount of subsidy paid to airlines to have them open routes.

At the half council owned Birmingham Airport you can apply for subsidy to open a new route that is not already served. The idea then is to get it to profit by the time that the subsidy period is over.

So airport passenger figures are not the best example to use when promoting party political foresight.

Edited by thetrees

Be interesting to see if the failing airport can be made to turn a profit under public ownership.

Indeed it will, and if so it will be a great political success, but it is just a little bit too early to judge at this time.

On the other hand, if it fails, it was still not necessarily the wrong thing to do. Airports are an important part of local business infrastructure and as a 'capital city', it would be important for Cardiff and Wales as a whole.

From an airport business point of view, however, it is a bit too close to Bristol, which benefits from a larger population catchment area which, unfortunately, includes those in Wales that hug the M4.

• Like 1

more money wasted by IDS, good job he knows he is right, and anyone with anything even approaching a different opinion, no matter how many facts back their opinion up is wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/16/dwp-jobs-website-universal-jobsmatch

Disgusting. So their political incompetence is suppressing economic recovery, making it incredibly difficult for the unemployed to find any kind of work, never mind suitable work. On top of this they can't even get their job classified website right.

They're utterly, utterly out of their depth this lot. Step aside and let people who know what their doing take charge.

Tories: Cleaning up the mess

Who would you suggest are the people who know what they're doing?

Well for a start we need to elect a government that listens. If you can't listen you're going to **** things up like this. We need to start from the fundamental, with better politics, more open government, and better democracy. The only party offering that for me is the Green Party.

Â