The New Condem Government

bickster

Corporate capture in pictures: Cabinet meets at Shell HQ.

BiBqql5IEAAcguv_zpse5732daa.jpg

Exhibit B.

This shows the cabinet as passive servants of Cameron's dynamic leadership: everyone is either totally passive or grinning inanely, while Cameron thrusts his chin out and flexes his torso.

Clegg is looking at him with the mild contempt of the bride's father looking at his son-in-law in a wedding photo.

Cameron might not be sitting bare-chested on a horse like Putin but the message is the same.

Edit: I like the way Cameron is looking off into the distance (seeing a vision of the future apparently) and how the light touches his crown, giving the hint of a halo, while in the foreground, all eyes look at Dave with reverence and someone is even praying to him, like de vinci's Last Supper. 

Edited by MakemineVanilla

That;s some leap from a picture of someone on the phone

I think if you saw that image alone, without any understanding of previous images, and the way PR seeks to manipulate perceptions through the creation of essentially false and staged images, that would be a reasonable reaction.

But we all know, don't we, that the picture is posed with the specific intent of conveying gravitas, statesmanship and the like.

The reason there are now many thousands of pisstaking sendups of the picture circulating the internet is because the staging is so transparent, so blatant, and so unsuccessful, as to make it an object of derision.

Here's another where they screwed up quite badly.  You'd think as a former PR person, Cameron would realise how shockingly poor these efforts are.  Or perhaps that's the standard he worked to in that job, as well as his present one.

David-Cameron-watching-th-008.jpg

That;s some leap from a picture of someone on the phone

I think if you saw that image alone, without any understanding of previous images, and the way PR seeks to manipulate perceptions through the creation of essentially false and staged images, that would be a reasonable reaction.

But we all know, don't we, that the picture is posed with the specific intent of conveying gravitas, statesmanship and the like.

The reason there are now many thousands of pisstaking sendups of the picture circulating the internet is because the staging is so transparent, so blatant, and so unsuccessful, as to make it an object of derision.

Here's another where they screwed up quite badly.  You'd think as a former PR person, Cameron would realise how shockingly poor these efforts are.  Or perhaps that's the standard he worked to in that job, as well as his present one.

David-Cameron-watching-th-008.jpg

I'm sure Peter, but I was admiring the Psychological take on it.

I have no interest in politics but I will say 10 downing street was a nice place!

Is that the first Villa fans house you've ben to? ;)

It was until my recent night with Ajax

From Flash(man) to Ajax, you need to visit a fairy next!

May only be a local council by election, but fifth place behind the Elvis bus pass party :blink:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/07/lib-dems-beaten-by-bus-pass-elvis-party-in-clifton-north-by-election-4457529/?ITO=facebook

tbf they don't normally even field a candidate in that ward but yes to be behind the joke party is pretty sad

• Like 1

Â