The New Condem Government

bickster

I was doing a test. A while ago, somebody said that if you post a politicians name with 'is a word removed' then it'll get loads of likes.

I tried to do it with the whole lot. Obviously not the same sort of public reaction :P

For best results, try a Tory.

That is one of the most predictable and boring things anybody could say whilst discussing politics.

And that takes some doing.

It's proven to work though ^_^

I was doing a test. A while ago, somebody said that if you post a politicians name with 'is a word removed' then it'll get loads of likes.

I tried to do it with the whole lot. Obviously not the same sort of public reaction :P

For best results, try a Tory.

That is one of the most predictable and boring things anybody could say whilst discussing politics.

And that takes some doing.

It's proven to work though ^_^

true ... I blame the site for allowing lefty students to join it

Mine is more witty. It's only a letter away from a real game title!

meh ... no one with a girlfriend or wife will know what you are talking about with yours :)

I asked my girlfriend and she didn't reply. Because she's a hand.

• Like 1

meh ... no one with a girlfriend or wife will know what you are talking about with yours :)

Tony, you're on fire this evening!

yeah , it's down  to the firemen being on strike thanks to the Tories

Edited by tonyh29

Tony, you're on fire this evening!

yeah , it's down  to the firemen being on strike thanks to the Tories

I knew our 'student leftie' policies would make you come around ;)

• Like 1

Sorry, fell off my chair then, did Tony admit to the Tories doing something wrong?

I didn't actually pass a judgement on who was in the wrong just an observation :)

I think I detected a hint of sarcasm, but I may be wrong.

moi  .... never

Must be those money grabbing firemen in the wrong then? Couldn't the fire service be outsourced at a profit for some Tory lord?

Well it's actually about them having to work to 60

Arguably that's a bit old to be rescuing cats out of trees for little old ladies

But on the other hand they could possibly teach other firemen or carry out fire risk assessments for business seeing as its a legal requirement or a number of other things

No one is asking them to work until they are 99 , 60 doesn't sound unreasonable on the face of it

Ralph Miliband

A Polish Jewish Marxist who fled to England during WW2, refused to fight and instead focused on bringing down the very system that provided his family with succour - the alternative being certain death in a concentration camp for ticking the top 3 "burn him" boxes on the 3rd Reich's check list.

Top bloke.

Best post ever - if only for factual inaccuracy prompted by bigotry - excellent - love it 

A factual and rapidly corrected error? Yes. Bigotry though? Well there is no bigotry in my post, highlighting the fact he was a Polish, Jewish Marxist was obviously to illustrate why he was a perfect target for the Nazi's. So, as there is no bigotry in the post you must be making your customary personal attack against me, which is of course against site rules. Welcome back, it didn't take you long.

Although I still think it's fair to say he wasn't enamoured with his refuge. From his wiki page:

He wrote in his diary shortly after arriving in England: "The Englishman is a rabid nationalist. They are perhaps the most nationalist people in the world...When you hear the English talk of this war you sometimes almost want them to lose it to show them how things are.

Not quite sure why he'd expect anything else attitude wise at a time when Britain was the last hold out against Nazi tyranny.

Should he voice no criticism of the country that became his refuge?  Do we expect refugees to clutch their cap in the hands while thanking us profusely at every turn for the rest of their lives?  I don't.  I don't think we give refuge in order to give ourselves the shallow satisfaction of people acting like peasants before the lord of the manor.  It would be nice if they didn't plot against us and try to kill us, but I think we give refuge because it's the right thing to do, not in anticipation of effusive thanks.

I completely agree but "sometimes almost wanting us to lose" the war seems way beyond being ungrateful.

Anyway he was a Marxist so it's unsurprising, at least at the time he didn't have the excuse of historical perspective and knowing that Marxism would become an utterly failed and discredited ideology everywhere it was tried.

Laughing out loud at the quite feeble attempts by the right (and in some cases far right) supporters on VT to somehow link wealth and social conscience as being mutually exclusive. Also the quite weak and pathetic attempts to try and discredit Milliband with references to his father.

Honestly if you did not know better you would think that certain people are getting somewhat desperate 

Who is it that you think is "far right" on here?

Â