The New Condem Government

bickster

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest they are unhappy with him, but nor is there any evidence to suggest they are happy either. The discussion seems to be about his rare appearances at Westminster. This came about after the last chance to vote. Its a bit like saying Stephen Ireland was player of the year 2 years ago so we must all still be really happy with him

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest they are unhappy with him, but nor is there any evidence to suggest they are happy either. The discussion seems to be about his rare appearances at Westminster. This came about after the last chance to vote. Its a bit like saying Stephen Ireland was player of the year 2 years ago so we must all still be really happy with him

Except that makes no sense whatsoever.

As Peter clearly showed his majority in his constituency went up, so that clearly showed that they wanted him. There is not a mass outpouring of the outrage that AWOL and Tony are showing from them from his lack of appearances at Westminster and they are probably more glad that as the MP for them he spends more time dealing with the issues that he is employed for.

What the heck Stephen Ireland has to do with things is like saying tomorrow the sun may shine as a point in the discussion.

As we have seen on here how right wing supporters would rather make jibes using the Gideon Osborne school of humour about an ex PM rather than actually coming up with any facts. And also ignoring what a f'ing mess this Gvmt are making on a daily if not hourly basis

• Like 2

But Surely  just 2 pages back you were discussing with Awol about his non attendance at westminster. I'm sure you raised the point that his constituents like him, and AWOL'S point being his non attendance. Now If I am correct his non attendance came about after he joined the back benches. which was post 2010 election. That being the case, no one knows what his constituents think of him. The Stephen Ireland analogy was merely that  one day prior to Guzan getting pots, we must have thought he was the best player at the club, because we hadn't voted since

Gordon Brown isn't exactly relevant, he's yesterdays man and as such not really worthy of commenting on

I agree. Harping on to the past gets us nowhere but its a past time the Tory boys and girls love perhaps because even they can't defend what is happening now as its simply indefensible so they resort to deflection. However come the 8th May 2015 in that post you'll be replacing Gordon Brown with David Cameron.

Gordon Brown isn't exactly relevant, he's yesterdays man and as such not really worthy of commenting on

I agree. Harping on to the past gets us nowhere but its a past time the Tory boys and girls love perhaps because even they can't defend what is happening now as its simply indefensible so they resort to deflection. However come the 8th May 2015 in that post you'll be replacing Gordon Brown with David Cameron.

TBF looking back is not a problem, because a lot of actions from previous PM's etc affect many years after they have left office. See Thatcher as a prime example.

There seems to be a quite nasty vindictive undercurrent to the Tory supporters and those in the main party re the abuse to Brown though. We have seen it with Osborne and I would say you have seen examples of it here. What next a question as to why Blunkett has a dog?

But as said there seems to be little in the way of defence or even condemnation for current issues such as the lobbying fiasco, or IDS and his porkies etc, which are far more relevant to today as they are affecting us now.

Something doesn't smell quite right with those Brown figures.  If he gets £1.5m or however much from speaking etc, it then looks like it gets diverted to "The Office of Gordon and Sarah Brown Limited".  That company is then spending half a million on admin expenses.  On what?  The company itself isn't a charity that I can see.  How much does it cost to give a million pouns to other entities that ARE charities?  I might (and probably have) missed something from a quick perusal of his internet page, but surely the charities themselves will have the operating expenses?  He's already made the money, shouldn't it just be a case of handing it over?  What's "The Office of....." doing that a charity wouldn't be better at?

I am sure if there was anything dodgy, the good folks at one of Murdoch's rags or the Mail etc would have investigated and Tony and AWOl would have been quoting in posts on here. I am still waiting for examples of where his constituents - you know the people he represents - are unhappy with his work as their MP. It could be a long wait ......

I didn't say that there was anything dodgy as such, just questioning why he needs to spend half a million quid to give money to charity.  Most charities spend money on running the charity and fund raising.  He's already made the money, so what does the expenditure go on?

Says the man who manages to bring Thatcher's name up every time a policy in 2013 is discussed :)

TBF looking back is not a problem, because a lot of actions from previous PM's etc affect many years after they have left office. See Thatcher as a prime example.

There seems to be a quite nasty vindictive undercurrent to the Tory supporters and those in the main party re the abuse to Brown though. We have seen it with Osborne and I would say you have seen examples of it here. What next a question as to why Blunkett has a dog?

But as said there seems to be little in the way of defence or even condemnation for current issues such as the lobbying fiasco, or IDS and his porkies etc, which are far more relevant to today as they are affecting us now.

I remember Osborne calling openly gay MP Chris Bryant a 'pantomime dame'.

Says the man who manages to bring Thatcher's name up every time a policy in 2013 is discussed :)

Thats because her policies have been used by every PM since (inc Brown), she still haunts this bloody country, Brown is a mere foot note in British history

• Like 1

I wish there was a round of applause smiley for Risso totally killing off Peters fairly weak arguments - worthy of more than just a like

Not that he did. At all.

I was just asking a question.  Care to venture an answer?

Thats because her policies have been used by every PM since (inc Brown), she still haunts this bloody country, Brown is a mere foot note in British history

:)

I'd argue bankrupting a country makes him a little more than a foot note , but I'm sure someone will be along to tell me he didn't bankrupt the country and it was all the fault of the nasty Tory's :)

Yep guess who started the banking deregulation, we've been here before, it was Browns idol, woman, name begins with T

Arthur Fowler started a Christmas club and then stole from it in Eastenders , doesn't make him responsible for Farepack does it ...

• Like 3

Might as well blame the first goldsmith who issued a receipt for a gold deposit for starting it off.  Bliar and Brown oversaw the biggest reduction in manufacturing this country has ever seen, and also the biggest increase in banking.  It was nobody else's fault, it was theirs alone.  

Might as well blame the first goldsmith who issued a receipt for a gold deposit for starting it off.  Bliar and Brown oversaw the biggest reduction in manufacturing this country has ever seen, and also the biggest increase in banking.  It was nobody else's fault, it was theirs alone.

And as policy's cause and effect an take many years to show I'd say that argument is a tad simplistic, though as I never supported any of Thatchers disciples, red or blue I'm not entirely sure why its even being said as some kind of retort.

I'd argue bankrupting a country makes him a little more than a foot note , but I'm sure someone will be along to tell me he didn't bankrupt the country and it was all the fault of the nasty Tory's

But, but, but that doesn't affect the economy today, does it? Oh..

Funny how pointing out that a man with mental illness was unfit to be PM is somehow construed as being mean and mocking the afflicted.  What I find most bizarre about his supporters is their wilful suspension of common sense...and not turning up to participate in Parliament as an MP is a dereliction of duty and I haven't seen a single convincing argument to counter that point - mainly because there isn't one.

Our MP is always at Parliament but does nothing for us constituents but why would he need to? It's a Tory safe seat :puke:

I'd rather have an MP who actually did something other than buy antiques on his expenses than one who goes to Parliament to keep up appearances.

Â