Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to sell Carew?

Because he is average, rarely turns up, offers little to the club and alongside Agbonlahor is a nightmare partnership if you want to see any sort of football being played. We need to get over Carew and move on, he just takes us back to direct football and is arguably the most fustrating player I've seen, gives so many free-kicks away and rarely keeps possesion for the team.

---------------Friedel---------------

Young--Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock

--------------Petrov-----------------

---------Milner-------Ireland-------

--N'Zogbia--------------------Young

---------------Agbonlahor-----------

Bench: Guzan, Clyne, Collins, Reo-Coker, Downing, Keane, Delfouneso.

Then rotate from there, 4-4-2 with Keane and Gabby and Reo-Coker and Milner central midfield etc...

let Beye (1), Sidwell (4), Heskey (2), Carew (4), Shorey (3) all leave. Keane (8), N'Zogbia (14), Ireland (7), Clyne (2), Koren (free transfer just for back-up while Delph is recovering)....probably overall needed about £20 million net spend about.

Forgot Davies. Unless he can't even make your bench. :)

I really like him, but I don't know, don't rate him just yet above the others, I hope he stays though, I think I said before, send him on loan to somewhere like Fulham, a good Premiership club but also make him still feel wanted at the club because I think in the future he could captain the side but a full year of Premiership football could be ideal for him.

If you play a tall striker you inevitably play long ball, the smaller the strikers the more you'll pass it around on the ground.

Keane would make us pass it more IMO

If you play a tall striker you inevitably play long ball, the smaller the strikers the more you'll pass it around on the ground.

Keane would make us pass it more IMO

But so would playing Delfouneso. Keane would be a huge waste of money IMO

Carew only has 1 year left on his deal which complicates things.

Rather have him than Heskey as you know which out of the two will comfortably reach double figures goals wise.

Not if he's on the bench.

I can't believe people geniunally want Carew to be starting games next year.

Carew wasn't a regular starter for a lot of this season and scored 16 overall, 10 or 11 in the league.

For all his many faults, he's worth keeping as we need as many goals in our squad as possible and that won't help by getting rid of him and keeping someone who can't even outscore Harewood for us.

I'd have Carew & Fonz on the bench next year - both to act as impact subs (with Fonz replacing Gabby in the starting 11 in some "easier" games)

We need a striker who scores goals! And even if we don't get a striker in the summer, I think MON will play Delfouneso more and Delfouneso is the most natural goalscorer we have at the club

Wow that's a shocking F.A.C.T.

Fudging Awful Concocted Tripe.

How is Delfouneso the most natural goalscorer?

Luke Moore was a 'more natural' goalscorer than Gabby apparently but that means jack in the premiership. He should get a chance I agree with you there, but sorry Carew is a very good finisher, put him in the penalty area with the ball at his feet, the same with Delfouneso, and I would be far more confident that Carew would finish it than Delf.

Carew wasn't a regular starter for a lot of this season and scored 16 overall, 10 or 11 in the league.

For all his many faults, he's worth keeping as we need as many goals in our squad as possible and that won't help by getting rid of him and keeping someone who can't even outscore Harewood for us.

I'd sell both. Both players negatives outweight their positives too much in my opinion.

Carew is our best striker since Angel and people want him to go. he scores goals and is a threat what else does he have to do.

Before people say he it is not lazy he has a bad back

We need a striker who scores goals! And even if we don't get a striker in the summer, I think MON will play Delfouneso more and Delfouneso is the most natural goalscorer we have at the club

Luke Moore was a 'more natural' goalscorer than Gabby apparently but that means jack in the premiership. He should get a chance I agree with you there, but sorry Carew is a very good finisher, put him in the penalty area with the ball at his feet, the same with Delfouneso, and I would be far more confident that Carew would finish it than Delf.

Well yeah I suppose apart from Carew.

But then again do you think Carew could have scored the goal delfouneso scored against Pompey. That was a very instinctive finish.

He shouldn't play with a bad back then because he is hindering the team by not working.

He is not our best striker. He rarely keeps possesion, his movement is static, he constantly gives the ball away.

He doesn't score enough goals to be considered good enough to keep. Someone like Carew, with all of his fustrating attirbutes which means he loses possesion more often than not leading to us on the defensive more often which also means we concede more goals with him in the team than out (I will prove that if you like), then he needs to be scoring 16-18 goals a season in my opinion or he's not worth it.

Well yeah I suppose apart from Carew.

But then again do you think Carew could have scored the goal delfouneso scored against Pompey. That was a very instinctive finish.

I agree he shows glimpses of being promising Delfouneso just I'm not going to get hyped up about him till he lives up to what people are saying- which will be very difficult. Was a good finish but has youth, sharpness and the eagerness that a regular 'guaranteed starter' of MON's set First-team seem to lack at times. Was a good finish just think with a bit of competition for Carew and Gabby they will be raring to go, perform and hopefully score goals. Personally, just my viewpoint, as it stand I don't feel Delfouneso offers viable competition other than the potential he has shown... would like to see him make the leap though.

He shouldn't play with a bad back then because he is hindering the team by not working.

He is not our best striker. He rarely keeps possesion, his movement is static, he constantly gives the ball away.

He doesn't score enough goals to be considered good enough to keep. Someone like Carew, with all of his fustrating attirbutes which means he loses possesion more often than not leading to us on the defensive more often which also means we concede more goals with him in the team than out (I will prove that if you like), then he needs to be scoring 16-18 goals a season in my opinion or he's not worth it.

But he scored 17 goals? so...

Also Carew has a good brain and up front with for example Robbie Keane he could thrive as Keane could read the knock ons.

Im not saying drop Gabby but he is due an injury soon and need a back up