Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muamba isn't as good as NRC imo.

Tbh I've given up on even suggesting foreign players as we know MON won't go down that route.

Rodallega, Benayoun, Ireland, Bellamy, Dorrans and Onouha are all realistic for us I'd say so I'd expect a couple of signings out of that lot plus a surprise or two like James Collins last summer.

If Milner goes, we should get N'Zonzi and Bentley in.

That'd give us plenty of options and a midfielder that does all the donkey work, scores a few screamers and with plenty of room for improvement.

It's spelt N'ZoGBIA :winkold:

.....no it isn't....

That'd give us plenty of options and a midfielder that does all the donkey work, scores a few screamers and with plenty of room for improvement.

.....no it isn't....

They are different players.(agreeing with you)

and since you are selling milner and the only centre mid you are bringin in is muamba, we are replacing milner with muamba, who is closer to isiah osbournes standard than james milner

Jenas is a CM.

Is that right? Looks more like he's playing in the headless chicken position to me.

I really do cringe at the mention of Jenas every summer.

.....no it isn't....

They are different players.(agreeing with you)

If you don't get what I was meaning, I'll spell it out shall I.

OP put N'Zonzi. Not a fan.

OP put Bentley. A fan.

I put N'Zogbia with an obvious wink to imply that i agree with Bentley but i'd have N'Zogbia instead of N'Zonzi....Jeeeeeeeeez

I've never been convinced with Milner as a central midfielder, he's an excellent attacking midfielder no doubt, he just doesn't have the discipline and awareness of Petrov or in this case N'Zonzi. He'll never be the player that sits back and dictates play, that's not because he can't it's simply because it isn't in his nature.

If Milner was to leg it, with Ireland and N'Zonzi (maybe even Bentley on the wing) coming in with the money we get, then we'd be in a better position IMO.

There was a good blog on F365 about Fabregas to Barcelona yesterday, and it made reference to Zidane at Juventus. When Real came calling with the big $$$, Juve didn't tell them to bug off. They took that money and went and strengthened their team as a whole. And then from winning naff all for 3 years they (with the new players Buffon, Thuram and Nedved) went on to win two titles in a row and reached a champions league final.

It can work out for the best is all I'm trying to say.

I've never been convinced with Milner as a central midfielder, he's an excellent attacking midfielder no doubt, he just doesn't have the discipline and awareness of Petrov or in this case N'Zonzi. He'll never be the player that sits back and dictates play, that's not because he can't it's simply because it isn't in his nature.

If Milner was to leg it, with Ireland and N'Zonzi (maybe even Bentley on the wing) coming in with the money we get, then we'd be in a better position IMO.

There was a good blog on F365 about Fabregas to Barcelona yesterday, and it made reference to Zidane at Juventus. When Real came calling with the big $$$, Juve didn't tell them to bug off. They took that money and went and strengthened their team as a whole. And then from winning naff all for 3 years they (with the new players Buffon, Thuram and Nedved) went on to win two titles in a row and reached a champions league final.

It can work out for the best is all I'm trying to say.

I think you could be right. It wont be the end of the world if we get £30m for him.

In principle I think you are correct. However, whats 30m nowadays. Wouldn't even get you Jack Rodwell and Carlton Cole (on the selling clubs valuations that is).

If you get 100million for Ronaldo - then 100m can do some serious damage, or 70m for Torres.

But 30m will get us 2 decent players, we couldn't overhaul our squad with it.

It could get Stephen Ireland, David Bentley, Micah Richards to be fair. Or something along those lines.

£30 million bought us:

£3 Million - Friedel

£7.8 Million - Cuellar.

£6 Million - Dunne.

£5 Million - Collins

£8 Million - Warnock.

£29.8 Million. So it can be alot of money if it's spent well :)

I'm pretty resigned losing milner now that man city have put in a concrete offer, confirming obviously that they really want him. Personally I think he will bomb at Eastlands much like Fabregas will at barcelona.

Can see Stephen Ireland coming the other way, and possibly Micah Richards. Other signings include benayoun from the dippers and keane from spurs

In principle I think you are correct. However, whats 30m nowadays. Wouldn't even get you Jack Rodwell and Carlton Cole (on the selling clubs valuations that is).

If you get 100million for Ronaldo - then 100m can do some serious damage, or 70m for Torres.

But 30m will get us 2 decent players, we couldn't overhaul our squad with it.

Add in an extra 10-15m from fringe players being sold aswell though.

And if you scout properly, you can make a difference with that money.

Today my gut feeling has moved to fear that Milner will leave this summer. I think the "Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don't know," quote on the SSN website has exacerbated this.

That said I think if we get £20m + Ireland and Onuoha we wouldn't be in a bad position, I know this seems like too much, but this is Man Citeh and if they want him that bad then we call the price! We should then invest that £20m plus the money from a good clear out on people like Mo Diame from Wigan and I think if Bentley is going cheap he would be an astute purchase. Then get a good goal scorer in, for me Roberto Soldado from Getafe would be ideal and a young RB like Clyne from Palace.

-----------------------Friedel---------------------

Onuoha-------Cuellar-----Dunne-----Warnock

-----------------Diame----Petrov---------------

------Bentley--------Ireland------Young--------

----------------------Soldado--------------------

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Clyne, Downing, NRC/Delph, Gabby, Delfouneso

In:

Ireland (p/x)

Onuoha (p/x)

Diame (8m)

Bentley (10m)

Soldado (12m)