Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone mentioned Paul Scharner from Wigan as a squad player? Am I right in thinking that he's on a free transfer this summer?

Shhhh, don't tempt fate.

Boyd (free)

Scharner (free)

Keane (7-8m)

N'Zogbia (4-5m)

Onucha (3-4m)

There again, the above players are players that I have heard of and carry a decent reputation. Who thought Collins was going to be the defender he has turned out to be? Hopefully MoN can come up with a couple of signings like that this summer.

I'm liking the look of Nedum Onuoha hugely, bright youngish lad with a lot of potential. He said on Soccer AM he wanted to get his club football sorted, so if we offer him week in week out football, i think he's a good bet.

IN; Onuoha (6m), Ireland (6m), Scharner (free), Doyle (7m), Another Striker? (13m)

OUT; Heskey (2m), Harewood (1m), Salifou (free), Shorey (2m), Sidwell (2m)

Net Spend: 25m

Offering Onucha week in week out football is impossible at this moment in time, as the defence is probably our strongest area. He would be a good addition as he can play CB and RB.

Doyle won't come to Villa for 7m. They paid 6m for him, and plus he's guaranteed football every week.

I like the thought of Ireland and Scharner.

I just can't help thinking that MoN will need to rotate his squad if he is going to buy these type of players. Does anyone know wether he rotated at Celtic, as this could be an indication as to wether or not this is part of his skills.

We will get £4 Million for Sidwell.

Also why would Wolves buy Doyle for £6.5 Million and then sell him for £7 Million?

Even better then. I take your point, but i wouldn't pay more than £7m for him so if that is the case it's unlikely, however when a player wants to move can a club really hold on to them without their performance dropping?

Offering Onucha week in week out football is impossible at this moment in time, as the defence is probably our strongest area. He would be a good addition as he can play CB and RB.

Doyle won't come to Villa for 7m. They paid 6m for him, and plus he's guaranteed football every week.

I like the thought of Ireland and Scharner.

I just can't help thinking that MoN will need to rotate his squad if he is going to buy these type of players. Does anyone know wether he rotated at Celtic, as this could be an indication as to wether or not this is part of his skills.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I don't think Doyle is that sort of player. I mean, I can see him asking to leave and being annoyed if he weren't able too but he's a 100% player. Also it's not worth the hassle, trying to chase someone so hard if he's only of Doyle's ability.

There are a real lack of strikers available this window. Hopefully O'Neill can do the business but I think (hope not) he'll go for a safe option and we might rue it a little. I really hope he moves away from a big man type of striker he seems to prefer. I think we can play really good football at times, just missing that striker who is on the same wavelength as Downing and Milner etc..

I don't think Doyle is that sort of player. I mean, I can see him asking to leave and being annoyed if he weren't able too but he's a 100% player. Also it's not worth the hassle, trying to chase someone so hard if he's only of Doyle's ability.

There are a real lack of strikers available this window. Hopefully O'Neill can do the business but I think (hope not) he'll go for a safe option and we might rue it a little. I really hope he moves away from a big man type of striker he seems to prefer. I think we can play really good football at times, just missing that striker who is on the same wavelength as Downing and Milner etc..

not going to happen, he's played with a big man up front throughout his managerial career, it's not going to change now

I disagree. Are defenders and midfielders are all extremely comfortable on the ball apart from Carlos Cuellar really, I've seen alot of change in the way we retain the ball so I think he is looking to change but whether he will bring in the right person I'm not sure of.

I think we can play really good football at times, just missing that striker who is on the same wavelength as Downing and Milner etc..

This calls for one man...

David_Healy_604818.jpg

HEALY HEALY HEALY HEALY!!

:notworthy: