Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

interesting that the late surges in a few constituencies seems to be Student voters

Now either they just woke up at their usual time of 9pm . .or there was a lot of drumming up of students by activists to get them out to vote .. and presumably knowing the student vote put in an anti Tory vote ??

Yep, probably on their way to Wal-Mart for their late night shopping.

Can't understand why polling stations aren't open for 24 hours no doubt.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does that leave Gordon?

Out on his arse. Another government led by a PM the country haven't voted for - and before the inevitable "you voted for a party" shit, the leader of the party is a major consideration for most people when casting their vote.

I still find myself asking why the **** wait until the last 30 mins to post your vote?? I betting this is some facebook organised protest to disrupte and seek attention (with the exception of the lack of ballot papers) people have had since 7:00am **** them......

Guest Ricardomeister
So it looks like Mandy is up for a Lib/Lab pact. Where does that leave Gordon?

A Lib Dem-Lab coalition would definitely be my preferred option especially if Gordon Brown resigns and we have Johnson/Miliband replace him. I think the 2 parties could then work together for the good of the country. The thought of a government with the likes of Osborne, Grayling, Gove, Lansley, Fox and May (Cameron is probably the best of a bad bunch) is the truly frightening one for me.

Ester Rantzen saying as she campaigned in the ethnic areas of Luton the Muslim women were angry with her as voting is against their aqidah

(that is placing a right of Allah in the hands of humans , I believe ??)

don't know if Ester was making a political statement there or not ? but is there anything Muslim women can actually do ?

My missus is a Muslim woman and she voted. So did her sister. And her mum. And all her friends.

You can find nutters in every section of society but please dont tar everybody with the same brush because you read something Ester Rantzen said.

My mum and sister both voted as did every other muslim woman I know. About 12 btw.

My missus is a Muslim woman and she voted. So did her sister. And her mum. And all her friends.

You can find nutters in every section of society but please dont tar everybody with the same brush because you read something Ester Rantzen said.

wasn't tar'ing anybody with a brush and apologies if it came over that way

the first part was a question and my second comment about is there anything they can do was intending as a light hearted play on the other thread about banning the Burka

Sorry :oops:

if you read through the many Muslim related threads on VT you will find that I have always spoken highly of Islam and Muslims , based on my experiences in those countries

I still find myself asking why the **** wait until the last 30 mins to post your vote?? I betting this is some facebook organised protest to disrupte and seek attention (with the exception of the lack of ballot papers) people have had since 7:00am **** them......

Indeed. **** everyone with a different lifestyle.

**** everyone on shifts, everyone who has to look after anyone else, anyone who may have to work anti-social hours...

**** them because 'they're not me'...

Its a bit of a farce in some places.

Electronic voting is the future...

So says anyone with a real interest in electoral fraud.

Well we could always do postal voting......oh wait

Indeed. **** everyone with a different lifestyle.

**** everyone on shifts, everyone who has to look after anyone else, anyone who may have to work anti-social hours...

**** them because 'they're not me'...

15 hour shifts?

Surely not under the employee friendly Labour government?

Running out of ballot papers? Is this Alabama?

nope

It's just that the country has become so piss poor under 13 years of Labour mismanagement

I know some people like to blame labour for everything (and I'm no fan) but I'm certain they're not allowed to run the election. There'd be a huge conflict of interest there. For a change, it's really not their fault.

Well Im not sure I actually said "at the moment".

I believe I said it was the future, no mention of timescale.

Well, it might be an idea to look at how those ways of voting are going 'at the moment'.

If one is asking people to rely on a comment of how something would happen 'in the future' then I think it ought to be treated with more skepticism than a Mandelson small ad.