Jez

I'd be more concerned over Wickham. Best mate is an Ipswich fan, I've quizzed him many a time on the lad and he always says the same three things:

1) He has no earthly idea what the hype is about.

2) If he gets sold for anywhere near the fees being banded about in the media he will be very, very happy.

3) He's Chris Kiwomya v2, just taller and whiter.

Personally, I've not seen enough of him to say either way, but from the outside looking in I would question the need for Wickham when you've already got Carroll. I could understand getting a similar player as competition/back-up, but I'd have thought that player would be someone whose already got a bit more experience at a higher level (especially for the alleged moolah that Wickham will cost).

About Wickham, I haven't seen enough to form opinion but always wondered why he was so hyped when his record is pretty average, I know he's young but for someone hyped so much, you'd expect him to be basically ripping it apart. Took him about 6 months to get his first goal this season wasn't it?

i dont get the hype with Henderson...

I made a point of watching him closely last season and he didnt impress me once...

what does he actually do?

and talk of him moving for 18M? laughable

Seconded there. I'm not sure he is worth anywhere near the prices quoted. Same with Jones as well. Decent enough players to play PL football but not much more from what I have seen.

Another point which needs a mention, we got slated for signing Bent, press were saying what a waste of money, but on Henderson nothing!!!

You do realise it is illegal to say anything negative about Liverpool? Holloway was the same, slagging us off but praising Liverpool.

saw the comment on twitter earlier liverpool want to sign him before he has a succesful U21s tournamnet and his price goes up

no doubt sunderland want to sell him before he gets outclassed by spains midfield on sunday night...

will be great to see the £20m henderson vs the £3m canales

Phil Jones to Man Utd apparently. That's their defence sorted out for the next 10 years and will be good for England. Him and Smalling will be a good partnership. Hopefully it will keep them away from Clark now too :)

will be interesting to see if fergie sees him as a CB or a DMC, i can see him playing midfield for a few years before replacing ferdinand but does this mean they arent going after rodwell (which may also have an impact on our success in getting moyes?)

Reports that Miroslav Klose has signed a 2 year contract with Lazio.

In other news (the kind of news that makes me sad), FC Schalke 04 have secured the signing of talented youngster Marco Höger from Alemennia Aachen for around €2m. I'd hoped Mönchengladbach would have been in for him, he's a very talented central midfielder reminiscent of Ballack in his pomp. Definitely one to keep an eye out for in the coming years. **** Schalke. :|

1277474066998l.jpg