Jez

Sunderland broke their transfer record to sign Gyan for £13m :shock: He's not that good. He's no Darren Bent. He's not even a Wayne Rooney.

Different type of player from what I saw in the world cup. If anything, what I saw in style of play was a Ghanaian Darren Bent who runs on to things. Makes sense I suppose. If you've set your side up to play to Darren Bent's strengths (which they clearly have) then you may aswell have another striker able to slot straight in and play that system. I wonder how they'll play together though.

Aye - very true Zatman - I can hear it now "it was £14m - yadda yadda yadda!!!"

Haven't heard much of Glastonspud this summer - they've had a pretty poor transfer window too, although admitedly, their squad is decent.... interesting how they'll balance Champs Lge and the Prem

Beausajour is a solid hard working player, who won't do anything special. He is a typical SHA player right now. Not sure if he will do well or not, watched him a lot for Chile over past two years and he's never really done anything that has stood out.

Hleb is a good signing for them unfortunatley, if he rediscovers his Arsenal and Stuttgart (1st spell) form. However that is a massive IF.

So other then that they've signed Jiranek who has always looked like a complete liability to me for Spartak, Zigic the donkey and Foster who is no-where near the level of Hart. So they haven't really improved. Just got a few foreign names who went to them for a reason...