1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

Busted - how did you know it was Campbell's twitter?

I went there to check ....in the same way that you frequently hang out on the daily Mails website :-)

Every instance of that story had @campbellclaret (wot No blue :-) ) on it

OT , but tbh that twitter seems a bit pants

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is I have very little interest in Politics. Its just something that bores me and I have absolutely no interest in.

Forget politics, the real issue is that the people who win will be making laws that affect your life. When people say that they are not interested it always surprises me as it is not politics you are electing but a government that will affect your life.

The BBC web site will have all the issues and where the parties stand

OT , but tbh that twitter seems a bit pants

Its actually quite good Tony - found out about the Volcano stuff way before the BBC / Sky etc started saying anything last night. Helped a lot getting info to the missus stuck in Dublin for example. I have a few political ones on there, from all of the parties - Pickles is hilarious, but i suspect not intentionally

I definitely think that if Ian and Tony made it to the HoC they would definitely “partner” each other (where if one MP of one colour can’t attend for various reasons, his partner abstains)...

Tony and I have shared a beer and a sociable chat - and often "talk" - so I would have no problems being his counterpart - the word partner is one that Tories have a problem with if they are the same sex :-)

p.s. he is still a cockney though

definitely think that if Ian and Tony made it to the HoC they would definitely “partner” each other (where if one MP of one colour can’t attend for various reasons, his partner abstains)...

you really think we would agree with each other to not turn up :-)

Jon it is desperate because a party has to campaign for every vote it can, have belief in what IT is standing for rather than just say we aint gonna win so vote someone else instead. Where does that show a confidence in it's own message.

It doesn't. It shows realism. If you can harm your biggest rival and nemesis by assisting a "partner" then to me it makes sense, where you know in certain battles your "partner" is stronger than you.

You see, i don't see Labour and Lib Dem as intrinsically different, where I do with Lab and Tory or Lib and Tory.

BTW, I do like your new spelling of that party Labout !

I keep doing that! Freudian slip.

T is right next to R on the keyboard. :winkold: :lol:

I definitely think that if Ian and Tony made it to the HoC they would definitely “partner” each other (where if one MP of one colour can’t attend for various reasons, his partner abstains)...

Tony and I have shared a beer and a sociable chat - and often "talk" - so I would have no problems being his counterpart - the word partner is one that Tories have a problem with if they are the same sex :-)

p.s. he is still a cockney though

And he drinks lager

I can see nothing at all wrong with tactical voting Richard

really ?

Telling Lib Dem people to vote Labour to keep the Tories out just smacks of pure desperation from a party trying anything to cling to power ... On those How should you vote surveys say somebody came up as 75 % Lib and 15 % Labour 10 % Conservative .. should they really then vote labour even though they are clearly not in favour of the policies that labour have .. the fewer Tory seats the more likely that Labour and Brown could end up staying in power

It makes all that Lib Dem Vote for Change and we are not them stuff look a bit pointless if their voters then vote Labour anyway , kinda undoes the ground they may have made up on the other 2 parties ..

Out of interest , lets say hypothetically you had an area where the Tory candidate could only be stopped by the BNP .. I assume hypothetically labour are telling everyone to vote BNP ?

So from your post you are in favour of PR then Tony? Surely everyone's vote should have a equal importance?

while we have this ludicrous electoral system the tactical vote issue will always arise. The Tory party cannot try and gain any sort of moral high ground (or get Ashcroft to try and buy it) because there have been numerous occasions where they have suggested similar.

Collective sigh of relief in the Labour party as Chancellor Alistair Darling says he has "absolutely no interest" in becoming leader of the Labour Party. He adds that he is "very happy" in his current job.

Although Alistair I think that no matter the outcome of Thursday you wont be in a jon on Friday mate

Labour are apparently the only compassionate party standing at this election but they have had 13 years in power and this is what we have , and this girl's mother works in the treasury as well

so, under the tories she'd have been earning 50k?

Labour have failed to eradicate poverty?

I fail to see a big point here?

i spent years living under a tory govt failing to do anyhting for the lower classes.

Although Alistair I think that no matter the outcome of Thursday you wont be in a jon on Friday mate

Damn right he won't.

I'm not that way inclined.

Plus he has stupid silver hair and dark eyebrows. Not my type. :oops: :lol:

Damn right he won't.

I'm not that way inclined.

Plus he has stupid silver hair and dark eyebrows. Not my type. :oops: :lol:

Don't be hairist, he could always wax them :lol:

Collective sigh of relief in the Labour party as Chancellor Alistair Darling says he has "absolutely no interest" in becoming leader of the Labour Party. He adds that he is "very happy" in his current job.

I'm not sure I see the point you are making.

I don't recall the previous Tory governments record on poverty being any better and I'm not convinced if they come to power it will be any better in the future.

I don't recall the previous Tory governments record on poverty being any better and I'm not convinced if they come to power it will be any better in the future.

Who's Jon ?

Who's Jon ?

me.

But that gag has RBD already mate. 8)