Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Slightly swinging back in their favour 

Slightly? 

I'd say it's right in their hands unless we can get 2 wickets out of nowhere pdq 

• Like 2

For all the praise Stokes gets I think itcwas rather dumb to bowl moeen 30 overs first day when he hasn't played red ball cricket in 2 years so when you need hin final day he can't bowl.properly, and then the declaration first day. 

Our bowling attack has always been my big worry. 

We've got batsmen who can get runs and apply pressure like no one else. 

But the lack of spinners and ageing fast bowlers losing their prime pace makes it difficult to hurt them 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, andym said:

Lack of serious pace in the bowling attack not helping

Sad to see Jimmy looking ineffective with the ball/pitch not doing much

If only we had a Archer from a couple of years ago bowling at 94 mph we'd have won this test easy

4 minutes ago, andym said:

Lack of serious pace in the bowling attack not helping

Sad to see Jimmy looking ineffective with the ball/pitch not doing much

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If only we had a Archer from a couple of years ago bowling at 94 mph we'd have won this test easy

We've got to find new fast bowlers from somewhere. 

Why can Australia consistently develop better bowlers than we can with half the population?

Turning to a retired spinner and keeping hope with 36 and 40 year old fast bowlers can never be right. 

The Burnley express us now the Burnley yard shunter. 

Brilliant careers, exceptional bowlers in their prime but long gone now and you can't live on the past. 

• Like 1

We have had fast bowlers come through, its just they always seem to be injured - Archer, Wood, Olly Stone etc. Is it just unlucky, or is there a shortfall in proper coaching of fast bowlers, meaning they develop less than ideal techniques which means they can't stand up to the rigors of test cricket long term?

Â