Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

• 2 weeks later...

According to George Dobell, it seems the counties have voted in favour of franchises for the T20. Not sure how this can possibly get the backing of the smaller teams. 

Edited by Milfner

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

According to George Dobell, it seems the counties have voted in favour of franchises for the T20. Not sure how this can possibly get the backing of the smaller teams. 

Apparently it's going to run along side the T20 Blast. Probably be city based teams, the same way the Big Bash works in Aus. I think the idea is you have a tournament over a shorter period, and get in all the big hitters from world cricket. 

17 hours ago, Milfner said:

As far as I can see, the ECB will own the teams and will pay each county £1.5m guaranteed each year (a bit extra for the grounds hosting to cover costs), so it shouldn't in theory benefit the bigger counties more than the smaller ones.  They should have done it years ago really.

Yep , Trott was excellent and so was Jeetan Patel. BUT ..... it is really the County Championship match against Wankashire that worries me !  This (easy) victory should be good for morale but I have heard that the ECB are requesting/instructing Woakes not to play ! Anyone know if this is correct and, if so, I wonder if Anderson will be allowed to play. Hmmm 

What a great day.  Lords was nice.  Had a 'selfie' with Sangakkara! 

We were sat with loads of Surrey fans, giving them light hearted stick, they took it well and shook our hands on way out.  

Evans with a vitally timed catch.  Wickets taken at key points.  Wright, Jeetan, Javid, Woakes and Hannon-Dalby bowled absolutely sublimely. 

Hain gave his wicket away with a silly sweep, Bells dismissal was disappointing, should have left it, but his captaincy was absolutely brilliant. 

Trott just pipped the bowlers to my MOTM, exactly the innings we needed him to have.  Thought 220-250 would have been par for the track.

• Like 2

Well I did warn you dAVe80. They have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times this year. Although he is Warks through and through, I think Dougie might struggle to hold on to his job if they do go down.

PS Could the rain dance hold off until Thursday, it's the club training ride on Wednesdays:D

What a final round of matches at top and bottom of the County Championship! Yorkshire needed to get to 350, and win. Play delayed for bad light with them on 349/9!!

Durham avoiding the follow on has done us a favour. Would like us to get the win, and avoid all doubt though!

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Lead approaching 300 with four wickets left and with Durham's tail wagging plus a bit of bad weather knocking a couple hours out of the day's play has worked a treat. This is going suspiciously well...

• Like 1

Â