Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Congratulations to Sam Hain, Youngest ever Warwikshire player to make a 100. I think he will get fast tracked into the England side.

Was reading about this earlier. Great to see the young lad making an impact.

England have announced the same squad for the second test.

When will Stokes be considered fit and who does he come in for?

Good question. Moeen Ali or Chris Jordan, I guess. I'd not want to drop either though. Ali helps fill spinner void (although not the answer imo), so for me it's a straight toss up between Stokes and Jordan. I really like Jordan, and would hate to see him get dropped. Plunkett is another possibility, but you'd lose a lot in the bowling attack, if Stokes and Jordan were first and second change. 

Yes I think they will stick with Jordan now but Stokes is fit but hasn't shown any form with bat and ball really. He'll need to prove himself in county cricket first... I know he did well in Australia but he needs to calm down a bit.... 

Woakes has shown good form against Northants with bat and ball. 4 wickets in first innings plus 60 odd and now the first 3 wickets in the 2nd. Woakes for Plunkett anybody?

• Like 2

Amjal spins Worcestershire to another victory. 6-19 off 14.

Another ton for Mitchell. I think we have the highest run scorer and highest wicket taker in the country

edit: 2nd highest run scorer - Vince smashed 240 for Hants

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Amjal spins Worcestershire to another victory. 6-19 off 14.

Another ton for Mitchell. I think we have the highest run scorer and highest wicket taker in the country

edit: 2nd highest run scorer - Vince smashed 240 for Hants

I was asking the question at Edgbaston the other day, "who would you rather have Jeetan Patel or Ajmal" Most said Ajmal. Of course he leaves at the end of July and Jeets plays all season.  I think Ajmal has 8 different balls. Mitchell is a good player. But also good to see so many youngsters do well there. Warwickshire had an 18 year old get a hundred and Worcester had a 20 years old.

• Like 1

Thought that Warwickshire were really good tonight,

The bowling was superb, apart from a couple of dodgy overs from Patel and Malik midway through the first innings, Clarke especially.

Great to see Trotty back playing first team cricket, felt sorry for him that he got such a low score and that he looked quite nervous at the crease.

Chopra and Porterfield were superb aswell in the batting department, also been very impressed with Chopra's captaincy. 

Off to New Road tomorrow aswell.

Agreed entirely with above - excellent victory. However  - read about it on BBC Teletext; the headline is "Trott fails" ! What an appalling attitude from them; wonder if they would have put that if he played for a 'London' County.

P.S.

If only Jeetan Patel was English !

Warwickshire ruined that game, because they were so damn good! :)  It was over too quickly! :D

Chopra was outstanding and Clarke was awesome with the ball.

Felt for Trott, but he made a complete hash of that ball that got himself caught.. should have just ducked that one.

The atmosphere was pants too, obviously because of the stupid time and the England game being on afterwards, but it was still a bit dissapointing.

northants - what the hell happened to them?  they were herioc winning on finals day last year, they completely goosed yesterday though.

Warwickshire ruined that game, because they were so damn good! :)  It was over too quickly! :D

Chopra was outstanding and Clarke was awesome with the ball.

Felt for Trott, but he made a complete hash of that ball that got himself caught.. should have just ducked that one.

The atmosphere was pants too, obviously because of the stupid time and the England game being on afterwards, but it was still a bit dissapointing.

northants - what the hell happened to them?  they were herioc winning on finals day last year, they completely goosed yesterday though.

Agree about the atmosphere, the 2nd tier of the pavillion where I was sitting was quite full but the rest of the ground was literally empty which was a shame.

And im glad the game finished as early as it did, because I got home in time for the England game.  :D

Agreed entirely with above - excellent victory. However  - read about it on BBC Teletext; the headline is "Trott fails" ! What an appalling attitude from them; wonder if they would have put that if he played for a 'London' County.

P.S.

If only Jeetan Patel was English !

yes great to see Trott play again...

However have you see Jeets record in test cricket for New Zealand. Avg 48 and SR of over 90. I think county cricket is his level. 

We got murdered by Worcester tonight. Ajmal 4 overs for 10 runs. You have to do better than that against their premier bowler. Would rather see Trott play 4 day cricket if I am totally honest....

Swann was good but we've seen South Asian bowlers like Mustaq, Saqlian and Amjal fill their boots in England over the years. We just don't seem to be able to produce a spinner of comparable quality

Â