Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I was told you couldn't stream sky go to a TV. I've never tried but was told it was to stop people using it as a multi room device. Which obviously means sky losing money.

I'll try streaming it from my phone with my current gadget and see what happens. Cheers for the heads up.

<p>Just seen the Galaxy Mega. 6.3 inch 720p mid &nbsp;range spec phone/tablet running 4.2</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Mkst people will think it's stupid. But I think it's great. It'll be cheap enough I'd imagine and I'd slap my Samba mobile data only sim in there and use it as a nice very portable tablet.&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>The note 2 is a compromise phone. You merge the smartphone with a tablet and get something too big and too small at the same time.&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>With The Mega. You get the portable Internet tablet without the hardware costs it doesn't need. I use my Tab 7.7 as my portable Internet device but it's a bit too big and heavy to bring around all the time. The Nexus is too thick and big for its screen size.&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Crazy as this will sound to most, maybe this is the device ive</p>

<p>Cra</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Crazy as it may sound to most. This is proba</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Crazy as it may so</p>

Edited by CVByrne

Crazy as this will sound to most, maybe this is the device ive

Cra

Crazy as it may sound to most. This is proba

Crazy as it may so

Does sound quite crazy :P

Edited by PieFacE

This site is the worst on the Internet for using on mobile. It's an eternal struggle to type a post. 

I'll post properly at home. 

Perhaps you could report the problem (in the relevant forum). About a third of all our traffic is now mobile and no-one else has reported problems posting.

Think it hates SwiftKey Limpid.

Anyway, Samsung Mega is a mini portable tablet. Way smaller in dimensions and weight than a Nexus 7. Looks to be right for me. I strugglewith the small phone screens with the amount of internet I use on them. The tab 7.7 is too bulky to take out with you all the time. While the Nexus 7 is far too big for a 7 inch screen, too much bulk. 

The Mega looks lik taking its heritage from the Note series, trying to cram as much screen into a small chassis. Saving money on dual core cpu & 1.5gig ram instead of 2, 8gb or 16gb internal storage. All to cut out things you won't need on an internet/media tablet. 

Say what you want about Samsung but they give you choice, you can now buy any sized device with them. from 3.5 to 10.1 there's like 10 sizes. 

Price will be key, this Mega needs to be priced at no more than £300 tbh. It's a 3G tablet. 

I use swiftkey and it's fine.

Bit dodgy using full version on the mobile, but with the mobile skin it's fine.

The one choice I'd like from Samsung is "no touchwiz".

The longer I own an S3, the more I agree with this.

I love the phone, but touchwiz really is annoying.

Price will be key, this Mega needs to be priced at no more than £300 tbh. It's a 3G tablet. 

Do you really think they will drop below £300? I can't see it being below £400 to be honest.

On another note, I personally think it's too big. The Note is the maximum size I would go to as I have a tablet if I want an even bigger screen...

Well the Mega is a tablet. No way anyone would buy it to be a phone. I'd keep my S3 as my phone.

The Mega looks to be designed to keep the costs down. It has inferior internals to the Note 8.0 and no S pen. So. I don't see how it'll be more expensive than it.

The note 2 is both too large to be a phone and too small to be a portable tablet. I bring my Tab 7.7 into work sometimes, I like the screen it's perfect size for a tablet.

But it's not as portable as I'd like. The Mega being just a shade heavier than a Note and taller is only 8mm wider and is actually 1.8mm thinner. It'll fit in a jacket snug and not be a bulge or a weight.

It is a very sleek portable tablet. I stick my Samba mobile data sim in and away we go. The proper portable tablet I really need.

I have a unique reason. I am hugely into horse racing and make a tidy sum from gambling on it. But information is key, I need to be in twitter, on my racing forum, reading articles, watching races. All this is difficult on a phone screen. While a tablet is too big to bring everywhere. The Mega could be the perfect answer for me.

I'm sure it'll be of no use to many. But it could well be to me. I thank Samsung for just making devices of loads of screen sizes. No harm giving people choice.

Â