Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Aye, if the Nexus 4 lasted longer than about 8 hours I'd use it. But it's just there with my Irish Sim in it, don't use it much. Just was no brainer to buy one at that price given I need a 2nd phone.

S3 much better for my day to day needs and despite all the things people say about it's plastic body (myself included) it gets the job done the best in all the ways I need. Different class in battery life, biggest screen. sd card.

Is the HTC One battery all that bad? 

I've been doing plenty of reading on XDA developers and they all seem to think it's pretty good. Specially with the HTC Power Save mode (still runs everything with no delays)

PieFace I've read all the reviews and they all say it wont last the day, par for the course for HTC.

Rev, the screen brightness needs to be set higher than the S3 for me and when using it for web browsing as much as I was (ie on my racing forum and checking odds, placing bets etc..) it just was near death at 4pm it dies with use. S3 would be on it's last legs sometimes on the way home from work before the updated but they did utter wonders with that update, both of them. Just looked at battery there, I've 34% left and been using it loads today and it's almost 10pm

It's the first time I've had a smartphone always last, I was at Cheltenham last week, and it never was dead by the time I got back to hotel at 11pm. I am now hooked to the phone lasting all day with my level of use. We're at the stage where all the top phones do the same thing, so I'd have to trade battery and screen size for HTCs looks and especially as we're headed for summer (ie higher brightness) I have to stick with the big battery. The note 2 for example my mate has is bonkers, lasts 2 days.

It's just screen and internet that kills it, I use internet a lot. Either way battery is not even close to the S3 so that's what makes my decision for me, S3 stands up to use so well now. I might switch back to nexus tomorrow and give it another shot. 

Never got a Nokia, was impossible to get them in yellow. Total joke. Also sold the Surface. I just don't use tablets, as much as I try to fit one in somewhere. All of them collect dust. Gave Nexus 7 to brother and still have my Tab 7.7 but never use it unless I fly back home or on a train it's handy but I walk to work so. The Series 9 though gets so much use. Nothing will replace laptops for me. 

Will sell my S3 to my mate and get and S4 and still have Nexus for when 5.0 comes. Works for me. 

My S3 does well to last a day.

But I'm constantly going through no signal areas which is a bitch on battery life. When the radio is searching for a signal the battery just drops like a stone.

I miss the old days of not having to charge a phone for a week.

My S3 does well to last a day.

But I'm constantly going through no signal areas which is a bitch on battery life. When the radio is searching for a signal the battery just drops like a stone.

I miss the old days of not having to charge a phone for a week.

This.

All this stuff CV is posting about the S3 battery being so good is making me wonder if there's somethign wrong with mine. I'm lucky if mine makes it to 6pm. I don't use it much at all either. But again I'm in a really low signal area all the time at work so that's probably what drains it.

I have an S3 and an N4. The battery life is far superior on the N4 in the same usage conditions. Thanks to Llama I do a lot to maximise the battery life on both, but with the same llama settings, my N4 is definitely better.

I'm sorry, I wouldn't to call you a liar because it's you limpid but my mind cannot comprehend what you are saying that the S3 is inferior to the N4 on battery. I own both phones and it's the polar opposite. I tested the N4 today

I had a pretty light use day today with N4 and it's gone on charge now. 9hs11m and 7% now. I mean it's a **** joke that battery and it kills a lovely phone for me. There is zero chance it'd last a day ever in my experience with it. 

I must caveat that the S3 has a far brighter screen so I run a lower brightness 30% on it than N4 which runs on 50% brightness. It also could be usage patterns too. 

What firmware are people running on their S3? As this battery longevity defo came from an update. Me and my mate talked about it, was the 2nd firmware update after the firs JB one.

Edited by CVByrne

Steveo, I live in the heart of London and walk 10 mins to work. I have petty constant good signal strength. I;m certain it;s a factor. But both S3 and N4 would have the same conditions. For me the N4 chomps through the battery when you're browsing using multiple web pages like I do. It just can't hold up to prolonged browsing as well as the S3 can. I understand everyone is differend and it's down to usage scenarios. But thats my experience of it.  

Â