Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Just out of interest why? assuming you havent been on iOS before.

I've been on iOS before.  I like it, I just prefer Android.  I dont like skins though. I dont like having to wait **** ages for updates either. I want the OS as it was intended to exist from the people who designed it, not with a layer on top because some middleman can make a bit more money out of me that way.  My preferences at the moment are vanilla Android > iOS > skinned Android, and they will probably stay like that for the foreseeable. 

Ok quick question for you clever buggers should sky go work on an Android 4.1 tablet ?

Sky are the most inept clueless idiots when it comes to mobile technology. They're slightly worse than the BBC. They think that they have to test every single device and only ratify it for use on Sky Go after a long testing period where it can't be easily hacked. So yes and no, it works on some things like the Nexus 7, but other 7" tablets maybe not:

http://help.sky.com/tv/sky-go/sky-go-supported-devices#tab-3

Meanwhile, other people just write platform compatible apps and they work with anything.

Sky are the most inept clueless idiots when it comes to mobile technology. They're slightly worse than the BBC. They think that they have to test every single device and only ratify it for use on Sky Go after a long testing period where it can't be easily hacked. So yes and no, it works on some things like the Nexus 7, but other 7" tablets maybe not:

http://help.sky.com/tv/sky-go/sky-go-supported-devices#tab-3

Meanwhile, other people just write platform compatible apps and they work with anything.

Cheers old bean , to be fair the tablet in question is a Chinese import its a fab piece of kit with or without sky go so i certainly wont be loosing any sleep over it , i suppose i sort of presumed it worked on pretty much all decent android devices as it works on my Samsung S2 .

For the first time in I don't know when I have a bit of cash. First thing I ordered was a Nexus 4...

I am very tempted to do the same and selling my S2 on envirophone.

It is just the non removable battery and lack of SD card thats holding me back. Actually just the battery. Lack if SD card would be annoying but wouldnt stop me getting one

I just got my official Google/LG bumper for the N4. It's nice, but I don't think it's really any better than the third party one I bought the day I got the phone.

Brain picking time... My mate needs a new phone. Basically it would be the S3, but it's too big. Ideally the Galaxy mini would be the one, but it's pretty crap for the price. What does the hive mind suggest? She's on contract btw - buying a phone outright isn't an option.

When you say the s3 is too big - what do you mean. I got mine following an HTC Desire and thought **** hell this thing is massive but actually, its so thin and light it is barely noticeable. Unless the height is a problem for her for pockets etc.

Â