Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So, I got a Nexus 7 for Christmas and I'm looking at cases for it so that it doesn't get scratched when it gets put in and out of my bag on the way to work. Just wondering what sort of cases everyone else uses (if at all)? I quite like the look of the ones similar to the iPad magnetic case but obviously not being official, I have concerns about the build quality of them.

I have a CaseMate for my sgs2 and its been really good but I can't justify forking out £40 for the Nexus 7 version!

Ah fair enough, it does seem like its pretty hard wearing but I wasn't sure how the screen would stand up to scrapes or bits of grit in my bag so I was looking at ones that covered the screen. Do you use a screen protector of any sort or has it been totally fine as is?

Ah fair enough, it does seem like its pretty hard wearing but I wasn't sure how the screen would stand up to scrapes or bits of grit in my bag so I was looking at ones that covered the screen. Do you use a screen protector of any sort or has it been totally fine as is?

Nothing at all. The coats I've been wearing all have zips on the relevant pockets. There's not a mark on the screen.

More specifically;

This pouch:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/logik-l7ntb11-7-tablet-case-black-10490972-pdt.html

This cover:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/asus-nexus-7-cover-blue-17259814-pdt.html

It fits in the pouch with the cover on as well for extra protection. The cover you can get cheaper elsewhere and comes in a range of colours. I've got the dark grey and the one in the link.

Edited by Ingram85

Beware when selecting a case as I've just bought a case for my HTC One X, a rubber one which has more friction than truck brakes. Bloody nightmare to slide in and out of your pocket. I'll be changing it very soon.

More specifically;

This pouch:

http://www.currys.co...490972-pdt.html

This cover:

http://www.currys.co...259814-pdt.html

It fits in the pouch with the cover on as well for extra protection. The cover you can get cheaper elsewhere and comes in a range of colours. I've got the dark grey and the one in the link.

I was looking at the official ASUS one as it seemed adequate for just putting it in and out of my bag to protect from scratches but I was concerned that the flap on the front wouldn't really stay shut that well by itself and may get hooked up. Perhaps I'm just analysing it too much but there are soooooo many different cases to choose from!

You got options chap, save your money and don't get anything which will probably be fine or get an inexpensive pouch for travelling/in your bag. You don't need the cover but as your asking for suggestions I'd get the pouch. Peace of mind is a godsend with expensive gadgets and what's a tenner for that?

Random question, not sure this is th ebest topic but we've both got Android phones so it's as good as any I suppose.

I've taken a video that I want to send to my sister. It's only 26 seconds long, but apparently a 26 seconds video on my phone is 51mb!

is there any easy way to send this from one android phone to another.

I've tried mms, email and whatsapp but the video exceeds the limits for all of these

(she lives in Luton so it needs to be remote, if that makes sense)

Random question, not sure this is th ebest topic but we've both got Android phones so it's as good as any I suppose.

I've taken a video that I want to send to my sister. It's only 26 seconds long, but apparently a 26 seconds video on my phone is 51mb!

is there any easy way to send this from one android phone to another.

I've tried mms, email and whatsapp but the video exceeds the limits for all of these

(she lives in Luton so it needs to be remote, if that makes sense)

Upload it to your google drive with the drive app. It will make a youtube-ish viewing of if you share the file with a link. Its fantastic for sharing vids

Â