Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I've just bought a new galaxy s and it's great. Just wondering what others think are the best free apps or games to download from the market.

I find live hold em, is very good. Live texas hold em poker, easy to use and fun.

If anyone is thinking about getting an iphone or galaxy s or any smartphone, the galaxy is the one to get.

Well without it, my battery gets raped.

If something is using cpu time in android it's doing something, you kill something that's doing something in android, and it gets respawned instantly because it'll still want be doing something.

Things in the background take no cpu time and therefore no battery life unless they're doing something, and if they're doing something and you kill them, they'll come straight back. That process itself will use more battery than just leaving the thing running.

The only exception is if you have a badly coded app installed that is running away with resources, in which case the solution isn't to get a task killer, but to get rid of the crappy app.

Task killers don't even work in 2.2 as you can't kill a process, the api was changed so the call that used to kill a process just restarts it.

Does Lindsay Ma know you have a photo of her tits on your homescreen?

Reminds me of that old screengrab someone posted of their desktop a few years ago, with a 'shemale vids' folder in the corner. Class!

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought i'd put it in here. Does anyone have an information on when the google tablet is being released and how much it's likely to cost?

What google tablet? Google aren't making their own tablet.

There's a fair few tablets running android. I'd hold off though until android has proper tablet support though, anything with a screen over 7 inches doesn't have access to the android marketplace. Wait for 3.0 when tablets should be properly supported, and you'll see prices drop dramatically imo.

An Android question.

Going back to my days of using a Windows Mobile Phone you could set up the times you wanted the phone to check for emails ie from 8.00am to 10.00pm the stop. This allows you to have you phone by your bed at night without it pinging everytime an emails arrives.

There is no such option on the Apple handset so does it exist on Android

An Android question.

Going back to my days of using a Windows Mobile Phone you could set up the times you wanted the phone to check for emails ie from 8.00am to 10.00pm the stop. This allows you to have you phone by your bed at night without it pinging everytime an emails arrives.

Check for emails Can't remember the last time I checked for emails. Probably about 1796.

An Android question.

You can do that and so much more with tasker.

Â