Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

My contract is up next week, so I'll be upgrading, still unsure as to which to. It's not as clear cut as I'd hoped it'd be, so will wait on the reviews before deciding between this and the one x. I'm still on the desire, so whichever will be a massive upgrade.

You can get some seriously good deals on the one x at the moment, almost tempted to make the jump from ios.

Don't know if I like the look of it.

It's huge, and I'm not sure I like the curved design. I prefer the squarer designs.

Will have to wait for reviews on the techy parts and try and get my hands on one for a play around.

Not sure whether I'll be upgrading to it now, but the fact that it's out now and I won't have to wait months may still be enough to get me :D

Don't know if I like the look of it.

It's huge, and I'm not sure I like the curved design. I prefer the squarer designs.

Will have to wait for reviews on the techy parts and try and get my hands on one for a play around.

Not sure whether I'll be upgrading to it now, but the fact that it's out now and I won't have to wait months may still be enough to get me :D

This is where I am, I have had my ip4 for nearly 2 years and have been contract free for 6 months. I really want a new phone and not sure I can wait until October fr the next iPhone.

I'm not too bothered by the SGS3 in all honesty. I've got the SGS2 and, to be frank, it still feels like a new phone to me and nothing has felt slow or anything thus far.

I think the SGS 2 is significantly better looking than the 3.

I know there's a lot of people that doesn't matter to, but it's a big factor for me

I think the SGS 2 is significantly better looking than the 3.

I know there's a lot of people that doesn't matter to, but it's a big factor for me

I agree S2 is defo better looking. But there is a whole host of new features in the S3 that are interesting, I'll wait for an in depth review to see what the verdict is on them.

It's either upgrade to the S3 or wait as I'm defo not getting a One X with poor batterylife and no removable battery or SD slot. Those are deal breakers, I've a 32gb card full of music that I switch between my small phone for running and my S2 for normal activity. Also I love having a spare battery, it's a lifesaver when you need to go out and your phone isn't fully charged, just switch battery.

So it's S3 or nothing for me. I am very fond of my S2, but I do want a bigger screen.

I probably would have ordered one by now if they came in black. I'm going to have to wait until I can see what the blue one looks like in the flesh. I will not own a white phone.

Debatable really if this is much better than the Galaxy Nexus. The GN has the better screen, but no SD slot and 5mp camera. Although I'd say the new optics in the GN which are on par with the GS2 with lower res will be in the GS3, so even though still 8mp, it'll be much improved over the GS2's camera.

I'll stick with the GN for a while. Was waiting for this to tempt me over but I like Vanilla android and the ability to flash whatever I like to it. I can get more or less the same SunSpider score as the GS3 so performance on the web will be on par. Like the Nexus S, the GN will be dirt cheap once the GS3 is out and will be a fantastic bargain.

How can the Nexus have a better screen? It's the same resolution and both are SAMOLED. They're either the exact same or the S3 is better given Samsung had half a year to improve it.

Also the making of the S3 will be the new software, if all the new features work like they say it'll be great. Need a full review from techradar and engadget to make my mind up.

Bah, I'm a little disappointed now. I always thought the GN had a SAMOLED+, as the first reports said it did. Now I've looked at the latest info, it's still pentile, the same as the S3. Only the S2 had the SAMOLED+.

So yes, they're exactly the same, apart from the S3 being 4.8 and the GN being 4.65.

Very competitive price plans, £34-36 to get the phone "free". Which means it'll be about £500 to buy sim free. Not bad

Is that on a 24 month deal?

Must be 24 month deal Stevo. I just read it from Techradars site.

darren I'd personally prefer the 720p on SAMOLED than 480p on SAMOLED+ tbh. So the screens are still probably the best out there. Wou;d like to know why they have not gone with SAMOLED+ as it uses less power Sammy said when releasing the S2.

Maybe they couldn't manufacture enough at the size required at the budget required. But that's the thing, the S2 felt like the best tech humanly possible was packed into it. The S3 seems like they had to make it to make more money and so the accountants said it'd have to cost 500 quid.

I'd be happy to pay an extra 100 quid if it had spent it on the camera and getting a + on the screen.

Ho hum. Will prob still be getting one unless the reviews put me off.

Â