Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Is there anyway to get newer version of Swype for the Galaxy S or are we stuck with the version we have with it's ludicrously big dictionary that gives me the word puerile instead of people 90% of the time with no way to delete the word.

I will never buy a Galaxy S because I have the **** Human League in my head... **** you Samsung... as soon as Verizon made that piece of shit commercial, you should have just said, "that's bullshit and we'll just go with Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile, **** you very much." But you didn't and you will suffer.

Asshats.

I will never buy a Galaxy S because I have the **** Human League in my head... **** you Samsung... as soon as Verizon made that piece of shit commercial, you should have just said, "that's bullshit and we'll just go with Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile, **** you very much." But you didn't and you will suffer.

Asshats.

:lol:

That advert (or more properly the English version) was shown during just about every ad break over the course of the weekend's (and Monday night's) NFL games (and during a few of the breaks during FSC's Premier League broadcasts).

Though Verizon's promotion of "buy a Fascinate (what Verizon is calling the Galaxy S*) and agree to a 2-year contract and we'll give you a second Android phone of your choice for free" is interesting. Pity that it's a poxy CDMA network that doesn't allow simultaneous voice and data and is slow as ****.

*: because Samsung for what ever reason decided not to do the usual thing in the USA and make the phone exclusive to one carrier, the carriers instead brand the Galaxy S differently. AT&T offers the Samsung Captivate, which has 16GB of flash but no front camera or LED flash. T-Mobile calls it the Vibrant with 8GB and no front camera or LED flash. Verizon, as noted, goes with Fascinate which lacks the front camera but does have the LED flash. And Sprint is rolling one out later called the Epic 4G which will support 4G service and have the front camera with LED flash. If Sprint wasn't going their own way with their WiMax 4G system instead of LTE, I'd be seriously considering going to an Epic 4G.

It's not that complicated... whereas I gather that most UKians pick the phone and then pick the provider, in the US you basically pick the provider and then pick the phone (unless there's a phone that's exclusive (which most are, at least nominally), in which case you pick the phone and the provider is a logical consequence).

Â