Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Yeah Conor, I'm home now and my market works on WiFi, but didn't via O2 network.

It also confirmed to me that I can take or leave these things because at the first sign of it being 'broken' I was switching back to my regular dumbphone.

I have an unlocked Orange San Francisco with a very stable CM7 on it. I'm on T Mobile on PAYG. I pay £20 for six months unlimited mobile web. Also a nice place to be.

Charger for my Asus Transformer is broken doesn't work. No idea why, rather angry about this.

Bridge burnt with me by Asus. Last one of their products I'll ever own.

Just because of a broken charger?

Should have a got a Samsung you mean. :winkold: If I got an iPad it'd charge but then I'd be stuck with a shitty ipad. Which would be a far worse situation.

It's charging now, but it's hardly ideal having an unreliable charger like that. I've contacted Asus, it seems there is a know power supply issue with certain model of charger.

Charger for my Asus Transformer is broken doesn't work. No idea why, rather angry about this.

I've never had to return anything in my life. So it's rather irritating situation. Hopefully they'll just send me a new charger.

I've never had to return anything in my life. So it's rather irritating situation. Hopefully they'll just send me a new charger.

It might be irritating, but in the mass produced world we live in things often break. It's not like there's a single company out there that delivers 100% working products, there's always going to be some mishaps.

To swear off a company just because you got unlucky is a bit ridiculous. If they'd then treated you badly when you reported it then that's another thing, but before they've even had chance to rectify the error? That's a ridiculous amount of knee jerk reacting.

I have an unlocked Orange San Francisco with a very stable CM7 on it. I'm on T Mobile on PAYG. I pay £20 for six months unlimited mobile web. Also a nice place to be.

I got the wife a ZTE Blade (San Francisco) and I've put Swedish Spring on. It's on GiffGaff PAYG. That is also a good place to be ;)

It might be irritating, but in the mass produced world we live in things often break. It's not like there's a single company out there that delivers 100% working products, there's always going to be some mishaps.

To swear off a company just because you got unlucky is a bit ridiculous. If they'd then treated you badly when you reported it then that's another thing, but before they've even had chance to rectify the error? That's a ridiculous amount of knee jerk reacting.

Obviously I posted while I was angry that I'd possibly have to return the tablet. But I will remember that I had trouble with a faulty charger when I next decide on a product purchase. Especially as every Samsung product I've owned has been faultless, none more so than my NC10 netbook phenominal durability from that.

I will finally be getting my Galaxy S2. I was supposed to be getting it weeks ago, when it first came out. It should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday though meaning that I will finally have the beautiful piece of kit in my hands.

Does anyone know if there are any things I can get ready to put on it? I wanted to get a few apps from the Android Marketplace, but the device needs to be linked to it. Any other things I can do before I actually have the phone? I'm so excited!

Do any of the Nintendo emulators still work by the way?

The emulators have been taken off the marketplace for reasons which still remain unclear. You can get them here though, its easy if you have a QR code reader like Google Goggles.

Oh, and one for the Nexus S owners: I just got one of these from eBay.

yDNqk.jpg

They have only been released in America, £22 (+£4 shipping)is a bit on the pricey side for what is little more than a fancy charger, but it looks lovely on the bedside table. The phone sits absolutely flush in the dock and it auto defaults to a landscape clock mode when its plugged in. I then connect it to the bluetooth speaker and have a very nice little alarm clock going. I think the dock is probably a fiver too expensive, but its a nice bit of kit for the Nexus S and worth thinking about if you own one.

YrLaml.jpg

Landscape mode. 3.5mm jack is available if you need an AUX out, though the volume rocker is covered.

H0tipl.jpg

Portrait mode. There are no rubber 'feet' on the bottom of the dock if you have it this way but it isnt wobbly at all (especially if you use that most wonderful of inventions, blu-tack to secure it)

The 3.5mm jack is still accessible, but you will probably need the type of connector that you get on earphones which bends through 90 degrees.

um3F7l.jpg

And a close up which reveals fingerprint city! The phone sits completely flush in the dock (unlike the awful photoshopped effort in the first link I put in this post) and it really does look quite nice. The clock has changed because I touched the screen, it will stay like that for a while then revert to the green clock in the other pictures. Nice to have an AMOLED screen with no backlight either so it doesnt illuminate the bedroom at midnight.

Â