Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Speed is dependent to the phone you are on. I have a SIM only deal and an unbranded Nexus S and my internet speed is blazing.

I've stuck with my current phone long enough. I may make a trip to o2 Today to get an S2, from what I've seen on youtube and review sites, it looks decent

You won't need to upgrade the S2 until hover cars are around. The processing power is simply absurd. Even so one lad over on xda decided to over clock his to 1.5ghz and said it is stable. He's getting over 4000 on quadrant.

Make sure you test the browser if you can Chindie, along with the screen and battery life it's the star of the show. Blisteringly fast. Also set the screen to max brightness and play some video.

I now own an S2 !

It's a huge upgrade from my Samsung Genio Touch! This phone actually lets me play videos and go on the internet without waiting 5 minutes!

I now own an S2 !

It's a huge upgrade from my Samsung Genio Touch! This phone actually lets me play videos and go on the internet without waiting 5 minutes!

Did you upgrade or buy the phone? Just wondering if they made you change your contract.

The sgs2 is so good. Absolutely loving it. My only gripe with it and its incredibly minor, is that when you hit the power burton on the side of the phone it takes about 2 seconds fire the screen to come on...

Other then that its fantastic.

Anyone using launcher pro? or just using the basic samsung desktop!

I love custom launchers but you can only use samsung and sense widgets in the native launcher meaning choices need to be made. The new touchwiz 4 its very good especially the widgets so zeam has to be sacrificed.

Also swype is superb now, combination of screen being bigger and the new version of the software being better.

I now own an S2 !

Did you upgrade or buy the phone? Just wondering if they made you change your contract.

I upgraded my contract and had to pay to get the phone.

I was only on a sim-only contract, so I had to pay a bit more for the phone. I'm not fussed about too many texts or minutes, I mainly use the internet.

My contract ius £25.50 per month, I get 100 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited internet. I had to pay £105 for the phone (unless my parents ask, in which case it was £40 :lol:).

CV, you seem to know a lot about the S2 and it's uses! What are the must-haves? Downloads etc?

I spent yesterday downloading daft apps so that I can listen to talksport, play a guitar, read comics, look on sik&wikipedia etc, but I'm still using the normal internet browser and what-not. If there's anything I should DEFO download to make my S2 better, enlighten me!

Apps I really like for Android:

Stitcher - (podcast manager, probably has more of a place on iPhone because of daft download restrictions on iTunes, but its free and I like it)

TuneIn Radio - internet radio browser. It's very good.

Guardian Anywhere - downloads The Guardian newspaper overnight

F5 - Nice Reddit app

Dropbox - Just amazing. Why wouldnt you have this?

By the way, if anybody doesnt have Dropbox yet, I'll whore out my referral. If you make an account via a referral then you get more free storage space (and so do I for giving the referral ;)) so its win-win:

CLIKKA DE LINK!

Â