Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I've just bought the wife a Moto G christmas present to replace her S3. Now I'm wondering how much better it actually is. From 16GB down to 8GB (all they had in stock), and 8mp good camera down to 5mp OK camera. But faster more modern SoC and slightly better screen. Hmmm.

My S3 went mental with the most recent update.

Everything google related crashed. Google Now, Google +, Google keyboard, everything. Phone went mega slow, got stuck when it rebooted, and just crashed at every opportunity.

Managed to get it working by force stopping some apps then updating every app that needed updating.

Bit of a ball ache though. My phone was unusable for about 2 hours.

It's alright now though. And it looks prettier :)

I think if your apps were all up to date it would have been fine.

So that's my advice to anyone with an S3. If you haven't updated yet, make sure your apps are up to date before you do!

Because they always auto update at the most inconvenient time imaginable, it's as if it sits there thinking "I COULD update the apps now, but I'm pretty sure he'll want to send an email in 5 minutes so I'll wait until then"

And it runs really slow when it's doing it so it was a pain in the arse.

I had it set to auto update for about a year, but it annoyed me enough that I changed it back.

Ok just fired up my s3 and installed the 4.3 update.

now I want to do a factory reset as I'm selling the handset, any idea how to do it? It used to be settings -》privacy -》 factory reset but now I've no idea where it has gone :-/

If one wants to be a bit brave, Cyanogenmod has a simple installer now if you want to install their custom rom with a few clicks. Just beware, you void your warranty and the device will be wiped.

The good part is continuous updates and a Nexus feel to the OS

http://get.cm

• Like 2

Can anyone recommended a good bumper for the nexus 4? I've got one on currently which has black rubber around the outside and a clear panel protecting the back. Its a good bumper but the only problems are that the power and volume buttons are difficult to see and press. With the whole thing being black it can be hard to see what is the correct way round.

Anyone recommend one with either cut outs for the buttons or chrome / coloured buttons?

Â