Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

General browsing and streaming football etc, more concerned about whether the coverage is as stable as 3G is or not.

I watched an Ebay item the other day that had a cracked screen and sold for £182 I'd take anything over £100 tbh.

Why buy out yoiur

Thinking of selling my S3 (with cracked screen) and buy out my contract (about £150)

I've seen them going for about £180 with the screen cracked, then I will probably buy a Nexus 5 so I don't have to get a shity 24 month contract on a free phone. EE have been advertising a 4G rolling SIM where you get unlimited (I think) minutes + texts, plus 3GB of data for £16 a month.

Has anyone in Brum tried out 4G yet? Is it worth it?

Why buy out your contract if you are getting a Nexus 5?  Just put your old SIM in it and see out your existing months. 

Ok, the delayed texts things in hangouts is starting to greatly annoy me. I'm now receiving replies about 30 minutes after they have been sent to me. Gone back to the old stock messaging app now as combining the SMS into hangouts is clearly nerfed.

I've been getting it on 4.4  :angry:

I forgot to mention that I figured out how to fix this.   Settings > Apps > All > Hangouts > Clear Data.   It's a good as new now. 

• Like 1

Anyone got the Z1? I'm considering it after having iPhones and Galaxys as my previous phones, both unreliable.

Anyone got the Z1? I'm considering it after having iPhones and Galaxys as my previous phones, both unreliable.

I have the Ultra which is more or less the same phone but bigger and worse camera. It's a cracking good phone and the layer on android sony put on there isn't nearly as intrusive as touchwiz is. Dunno about updates to android yet as I haven't had it long enough but 3 bugfix updates have come my way without breaking anything. It's on 4.2.2 as of now. Had a livetest on the waterproofing the other day when I knocked a cup of coffee over it (and my desk) Rinsed it off under the tap and all was well.

Snapdragon 800, fast as foook

Conor said a few pages back something about poor display compared to galaxys but I can't see it

Recommended

You might find this interesting.

Battery: better than my gnex. Seems to last fine but I surround myself with charging devices everywhere these days anyway.

Camera: incredible on anything not moving. When it's moving all bets are off. With fast moving stuff with decent light it'll be like any other phone camera when you turn HDR mode off but the shutter lag is a bit of a pain. Waiting for the os update from Google to fix. If you can shoot stuff in HDR mode (90% of the time you can) you can produce breathtaking results.

Feel: superb. Light, solid, premium. Buttons feel lovely being ceramic. Not sure how it makes a difference but it does. I'll post all my HDR stuff in a min.

I am a little too excited about getting this. Sorry to ask again, how are you finding it now?

I charge my phone each night but like to get in around 2 hours music, check apps and email, maybe play Dots (Nayson, how you doing on that? The missus is trying to beat my high score on the 30 moves one!) and just basic web usage.

Hurry up Tuesday... 

Still superb. Wowing everyone who sees it. I think the speed is its biggest asset, nothing can faze it. Wish Google would hurry up and release the camera improvements but it's still fine for the majority of stuff, just the focus algorithms need tweaking. HDR shots can be amazing; it's the best camera ever made for taking photos directly into the sun.

Battery life still average, which is fine for me. I've bought a qi desk charger which I just drop it on at work and it keeps it topped up anyway.

So incredible phone for the price. Still love it and showing it off to everyone.

• Like 1

I'm sure they will sort the camera issue soon, the aim is to use the N5 to get some pictures on Wednesday, a good way to test the phone out! I've also convinced a few other people to get the N5.

The phone also looks great to hold, it seems strange but that is important to me, I like having a phone that feels comfortable in my hand.

Which charger did you go for?

Cheapest one I could find http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=171151817694

Absolutely fine.

Which charger did you go for?

Cheapest one I could find http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=171151817694

Absolutely fine.

Bought a moto g today. First impressions are great. Screen is better than my old nexus 4, its very colourful and sharp. It doesnt appear to be any slower, really quite quick and smooth which is impressive. Its not as chunky as I feared either, surprisingly svelte due to the tapered edges and it feels great in the hand, perfectly weighted.

Only criticisms are the well documented average camera and the 'not fat but not thin either' bottom & side bezels (but these are the same negatives I had against my n4 too).

£130 with a free white back cover. For the amount of tech you get versus the price I'd argue this is even more of a bargain than the n4/5. Stunning.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Still superb. Wowing everyone who sees it. I think the speed is its biggest asset, nothing can faze it. Wish Google would hurry up and release the camera improvements but it's still fine for the majority of stuff, just the focus algorithms need tweaking. HDR shots can be amazing; it's the best camera ever made for taking photos directly into the sun.

Battery life still average, which is fine for me. I've bought a qi desk charger which I just drop it on at work and it keeps it topped up anyway.

So incredible phone for the price. Still love it and showing it off to everyone.

I took some photos whilst on holiday recently. I was with an iPhone 5 and a 5s users. They were both hugeley impressed with my photos compared to theirs!

• Like 1

Â