Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Overdraft!!!!!!!

It's generally though that there is a facility of £20m o/d. We were o/d by £12.1m 31.5.06. So anything left in there plus any fees recieved for Phillips and Berson are available now it appears.

A guestimate of about £8-£9m

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdraft!!!!!!!

It's generally though that there is a facility of £20m o/d. We were o/d by £12.1m 31.5.06. So anything left in there plus any fees recieved for Phillips and Berson are available now it appears.

If there is 8 mill left of the overdraft to spend that should be enough to buy £15 million worth of players given that most of the time fees are paid in instalments and rarely is the whole fee paid up front.

Overdraft!!!!!!!

If there is 8 mill left of the overdraft to spend that should be enough to buy £15 million worth of players given that most of the time fees are paid in instalments and rarely is the whole fee paid up front.

Can't just sign Ronaldo for £15 million with the clubs debit card and when the bank realise we're over the overdraft limit just put up with the £30 "adminstration fee" from the bank - we won't have to pay it until next month anyway. Lerner will be the boss then and I'm sure he can strech to cover that 30 quid.

I should be the clubs finance director, what's all the bloody fuss about??

Am I being thick or why can't we utilise the Season Ticket Sales monies for our required transfer pot right now? This must be approx £6 mill if the 16500 season ticket sales are correct. Add to this the money generated by the sales of Phillips and Berson and any Sky or TV money available right now and there must be a tidy sum available for the short term?

RD

Central news just said expect a Randy statement tomorrow annoucing he has aquired 56% of Villa plus the likes of me who have returned their forms.

Yep just posted same on "Countdown to Lerner thread" No other bids notified on LSE today so that's it!!!

Wonder as Celtic have come up with dosh to sign Lee Naylor today whether we might just sign Petrov next couple of days as well

Central news just said expect a Randy statement tomorrow annoucing he has aquired 56% of Villa plus the likes of me who have returned their forms.

Yep just posted same on "Countdown to Lerner thread" No other bids notified on LSE today so that's it!!!

Wonder as Celtic have come up with dosh to sign Lee Naylor today whether we might just sign Petrov next couple of days as well

Celtic have also signed Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink for £ 5 million - that money must have been earmarked from somewhere.

Pat Murphy on t'radio just said it's done - no other bids recieved, 5% of the shares in addition to Eliis's etc have been committed to RAL - total 62 and a bit % he has now, in just 10 days.

hope he's right and that RAL gets another 10% at least

Any investors who held Villa shares in Nominee accounts with Stockbrokers will have only had the letters over the weekend. Therefore Capita would have only counted positive responses, I would suspect, from direct shareholders by today. There's probably alot more shares to be sorted as the deadline was 5th Sept I think the letter said