Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes choice. The condition is not on 90%. That is if he doesn't get 90% he will pull out. He will choose!

If he gets to 50% (which he already has) then it's upto him.

ANyway reading too much into this as Randy owns the club anyway. It's all over

Exactly, agree 100% - that was what I tried to say.

Villa takeover faces rival bid

Randy Lerner's proposed takeover of Aston Villa is set to be challenged early next week by a group fronted by Nicholas Padfield QC.

American billionaire Lerner had his bid to take over the club accepted, with shareholders recommended to accept the bid from the Cleveland Browns owner which values the club at £62.6million.

Padfield, a deputy high court judge, heads the AV06 group who are putting together another bid.

A source close to the group said: "It's likely the consortium will be joining forces with others - watch this space."

Other consortia linked with AV06 include local businessman Michael Neville and a group of foreign investors represented by Athole Still, agent of former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

A formal offer could be made next week and it is believed Padfield's group would guarantee an instant transfer kitty of £30million to new boss Martin O'Neill during the August transfer window.

Clicky

Villa takeover faces rival bid

Randy Lerner's proposed takeover of Aston Villa is set to be challenged early next week by a group fronted by Nicholas Padfield QC.

American billionaire Lerner had his bid to take over the club accepted, with shareholders recommended to accept the bid from the Cleveland Browns owner which values the club at £62.6million.

Padfield, a deputy high court judge, heads the AV06 group who are putting together another bid.

A source close to the group said: "It's likely the consortium will be joining forces with others - watch this space."

Other consortia linked with AV06 include local businessman Michael Neville and a group of foreign investors represented by Athole Still, agent of former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

A formal offer could be made next week and it is believed Padfield's group would guarantee an instant transfer kitty of £30million to new boss Martin O'Neill during the August transfer window.

Clicky

Didn't Michael Neville say a week or 2 back that he wasnt joining with Padfield and has never even considered it?? Anyway just an article to fill a page nothing new at all.

Although I think if a bid is going to be made it will be made Monday, but I dont think that will happen either.

Although I think if a bid is going to be made it will be made Monday, but I dont think that will happen either.

IMO it isnt going to happen. Spoiling tactics from a bad loser

Say what you like about Neville but he hasn't come out and publically stirred up shit about other bids and potential owners (well our new owner).

Ah what does it matter? Randy and Martin WILL take us to the promised land people.

BELIEVE!!!

I can't work it all out.

Michael Neville, I understand. He was there trying to get funding together for a long time, for if we take his word, football reasons - he just felt the club needed someone else to be running it.

But the other 2? I dunno. Padfield's lot - I don't understand why they've said what they've said. I can't see what the point of it is. I don't see any motivation behind it, any gain they could get from it. Publicity? Well not really, and to what end? So we now know Padfield's name. So what?

They might be serious, but nothing they've yet said suggests that they are - just some talk about having lots of money and not being American. Well? How does that affect anything?

It's almost as if they are using Villa to advertise for other clubs to contact them, with a view to a takeover

"No-one's spoken to us" "we've got lots of money" "we're British/European" ""we're not Villa fans"

And Athol Still? Seen once at VP. Not said a word. Went away again? Fine.

The assets on Villa's books, after liabilities (debts) are taken off, come to 26 million quid. - 37 million less than Mr Lerner's bid.

It's going to take some seriously good management a lot of investment on top of the asking price and experience of running a club to turn a profit.

It can be done, definitely, but it'll need total commitment and dedication.

I'm unsure that we have seen that from anyone but Mr Lerner.

Combinations of bidders is very iffy - too many cooks and all that. "I wanna do it this way" "No, we should do it that way" "we need to invest now in players" ""No we should spend on the ground" ""Neither - we should sell such and such and get some money back" - too much potential for disagreement and loss of direction.

Combinations of bidders is very iffy - too many cooks and all that. "I wanna do it this way" "No, we should do it that way" "we need to invest now in players" ""No we should spend on the ground" ""Neither - we should sell such and such and get some money back" - too much potential for disagreement and loss of direction.

This paragraph sums up why I want a sole owner and not a consortium!

i concur

blandy wrote:

I agree. I have had dealings in my work with a foreign consortium from various parts of the world, and it took ten times the time to conclude that deal, most deals at my work take 5-8 weeks to sort but this one took over a year. What with contacting them and transfers of their share having to be raised. It was a right pain in the backside. Not sure Whether it is actually relevant to the Padfield deal or not, but it's how I imagine any consortium would work.

Yeah ive always wondered why they think consortiums are such a big things. These so called "billionairs" have big egos,i really can't see why they would like to share control of a football club, when they could do it by themselfs(like Lerner)?

I have had dealings in my work with a foreign consortium from various parts of the world, and it took ten times the time to conclude that deal, most deals at my work take 5-8 weeks to sort but this one took over a year. What with contacting them and transfers of their share having to be raised. It was a right pain in the backside. Not sure Whether it is actually relevant to the Padfield deal or not, but it's how I imagine any consortium would work.

Exactly right. I used to work on a multi-national aircraft programme (in the news today) and whilst all the people I dealt with were great, it was all just such hard work getting things done.

Heres a conspiracy theory for you from my girlfriends bluenose dad ( :oops: ) - Padfield is a PR stunt by Lerner to get shareholders to sell more quickly. Lerner will then asset strip (how I ask with our lack of assets) and Villa will get relegated.

I do feel sorry for these jealous morons!

:crylaugh: