Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Something i've just picked up , after having a read through what the papers say on the OS , has anybody noticed not one of the articles on there mentioned Av06 or Neville's so called proposed bids , anybody else think its a ploy by the Villa PR team to not report it as they dont want it to happen ????

By the laws of the LSE, we cannot be given details of any bids that even come in for consideration.

Then if a formal bid is made (as Lerner did) then they (AVFC) have to inform the LSE before announcing it publically.

So if AV06, Neville and Still are all still in the hunt, we wouldn't know until a formal bid is made.

Then we would get far more infomation about their bid.

And we have to remember, the bid doesn't have to be accepted by the board of AVFC either. But it does have to be given due consideration.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask why we think Athole Still is still interested. From what I know, we saw him walking out of Villa Park with a suitcase ONCE when all this started. We have never seen him again, he has not said a single thing to anyone, and the ONLY people who have kept this myth going are the press who only jumped on it because of the SGE link when he had left the England setup.

As far as I can see, Athole Still is long gone.

No Runetune, i mean alot of papers are just reporting this as just idle gossip at the moment and this is something that the OS can put on its site , but they've chosen not to doesnt that seem strange , i mean they did put the first Lerner talk on there paper talk weeks ago , so why not this

But Padfield, a deputy high court judge, added: "We are not American, and want to fly the flag."

Sorry if this has already been pointed out but WTF has Lerners' nationality got to do with the greater good of Aston Villa? How very dare he. Not very good at this PR game is he?

And if you take our Martin O'Neill away, I'll come down there and break you're face.

Anyone still to be convinced Randy is our man???

Don't think so DDID and I just wonder what the multi nationals at VP like MON, Mellberg, Baros etc. think of this comment from a prospective owner ...

Check out the list of so called Bristish Billionnaires, not many born in Britain in that list !!!

No Runetune, i mean alot of papers are just reporting this as just idle gossip at the moment and this is something that the OS can put on its site , but they've chosen not to doesnt that seem strange , i mean they did put the first Lerner talk on there paper talk weeks ago , so why not this

Oh right - Mind you, the OS doesn't always publish the information from all the papers anyway - it could simply be that one report in the mail and the Independent isn't enough for them to consider at this stage.

This time next week i am convinced that we shall all be anxiously awaiting the close of business at the LSE, fretting that either Padfield or Neville will try and scupper the bid. The way i see it Lerners bid is perfect from top to bottom it seems as though good time and money have been spent putting it together.

On the other hand we know nothing about the other potential bidders and i think that is beacause they relly arent in the same league as Lerner, hence the pathetic actions they are stooping to now. The words and feelings im getting form them is that they know that they dont stand a chance against Lerners bid but instead of leaving it be and having the clubs best interests at heart, they are trying by any means necessary to stop it by slandering him and belitting the his bid. With all the information i have read about Neville and Padfield since Randy Lerners bid i have one question to ask, is it wrong that i despise them both and wish them ill fortunes?

To all people fortunate to be going to Arsenal, get as many USA flags as possible and let the USA chants be heard all game, perhaps some we want Neville/Padfied out chants to really emphasise our, the fans view to not only these 2 jokers but the press aswell, that will hopefully see us through smoothly to wed then!

He's spoken to fans groups which is alot more than any of the others have done

Don't get me wrong, talking to fans groups is positive. But where's the minutes? What was discussed? What promises were made?

Talking to fans is absolutely positive. Understanding how your potential future customers feel about the way the club is run now, how it could be improved, all that kind of thing should be a top priority of any bid that is interested in growing the club, in treating it as what it is - a sporting club, there for the purpose of competing in professional sport and entertaining and brightening the lives of it's paying followers.

It may be possible to deduce that any bid that did not do that might be more interested in other reasons for owning the club. Self promotion, making a quick profit, asset stripping, whatever.

Now on the recording of any such meetings, during the assesment as to whether to bid, the formulation of that bid, the submitting and so on, the discussions would need to be done in complete confidence - any leaks or such like would be detrimental to the bid.

While the bidder might outline overall plans, reasons for the bid and so on, as much to guage reaction as to simply inform the fans they were talking to, the activity would need to be mainly a listening exercise, but with focused questions - "what if...?" or "how do you think people would view..."

In the future, should a bid be successful, if the bidder had found that talking to fans was a good thing and was helpful, then I'd imagine that they'd surely want to continue to do so, only without the previous constraints of secrecy.

We understand from the Browns fans that this is exactly what happens in the USA with Cleveland Browns.

It is better to have a real open informal dialogue with fans than to have a neutered and ignored nominal fans rep on the board.

In other words it's not what you say you will do, it's what you actually do and how you go about it.

In choosing to talk to who they have, the Lerner team identified, in my view, the best people to speak to. They found articulate, passionate and committed supporters to talk to, and people who were worthy of being trusted with sensitive information. People whose only agenda was the betterment of the club. People who were aligned with the need for a change of ownership and had campaigned for such, and who weren't constrained for example by a legal requirement to comply with the framework of a Government organisation (supporters direct), or by other baggage.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that, if the LSE statement header is true, that Lerner's offer is a CASH offer.

I think Doug likes the fact his offer is straight cash, no **** about with loans, installments etc.

A Villa well bought is an apple well sold.

Richard I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking or a drag of whatever it is you've been smoking.

its a parody of a famous Ellis quote that he always dragged out when buying someone

An apple well bought is an apple half sold

No-one could ever figure out what the hell it meant

nice to be talking about this tuff in the past tense

I'd agree with 90% of what you say PB, completely.

The 10% where I'd differ is in the belief that its better to engage in informal dialogue with fans groups, as opposed to formal dialogue with a fans rep on the board. But its all down to opinions so thats cool.

Have the fans group in question proactively engaged other potential buyers to ascertain their plans? I understand that the onus is on the buyer to contact the fans group, but in the absence of that happening, why not contact the buyer directly?

Ask Padfield the same questions. Ask Still the same questions. See if we get the same answers. Hell, we may even get better ones. If we don't ask, we run the risk of never knowing.

I understand that the onus is on the buyer to contact the fans group, but in the absence of that happening, why not contact the buyer directly?

Does it not concern you that Rumpole hasn't been so open ?

If the Buyers are not contacting fan groups then that is there problem and shows that their bid isnt in the best interests of everyone.

The last interview i heard from padfield he was expecting the board to contact the AV06.

doesnt sound like hes actively looking to bid does it!?!

So far I've not read or heard anything about Padfields consortia that has given the impression of them wanting to be proactive.

If anything, I've only ever read or heard reactive statements from them.

Completely the wrong way to conduct business imo.