Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

He's spoken to fans groups which is alot more than any of the others have done

Don't get me wrong, talking to fans groups is positive. But where's the minutes? What was discussed? What promises were made?

Padfield wont be welcome in Aston that's for sure.

People have short and selective memories. A blank cheque of £30M to MO'N will ensure that.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thoroughly upset by Padfields efforts at rousing the little Englander mentality in Villa fans. It is pathetic and unnecessary. I want to judge each bid on its merits, however given that AV06 are giving out little other than retoric I can only judge them on personality. I don't like Padfield. Not being American is not an advantage when purchasing a football club.

Understanding the needs and wants of your consumers (read fans) is an advantage. I am not on the same page as Padfield, I feel as disconnected from him as I ever have from Ellis from the little I have heard from him so far. He does not understand that Lerner has filled me with hope. He does not understand that I feel he is patronising me. He does not understand that as a"man on the terraces" I am an expert in recognising when I am being patronised. He does not understand that American is not a dirty word. I can tell the difference between a Glazer and a Lerner please don't behave like I cannot. He does not understand how disenchanted so many of us became under the desperate Ellis years and that we are not all motivated by a lust for money to be thrown at the club.

Don't get me wrong I want the investment, but most of all I want my club back. I want the links with the fans reformed, I want to feel emotional ties again, I want to feel that the person in charge knows what I as a fan and a consumer want. Lerner is offering this to me. It may be spin, it may be PR, but he has laid his cards on the table I like the hand he was dealt. Padfield has campaigned with all the subtlety of a red top headline writer. I don't like the sentiment, I don't like the ideas behind the sentiment, I don't want that attitude in charge at my club.

Most of all I fear that Pafield just does not understand period (another not to our American buddies). Padfield I don't believe you. I think you are lieing to me to get your investment through. I am fed up to the back teeth with being fed lies by Ellis for years and you are beginning to remind me of him. I don't think I can be much more cutting that that really.

Could the last one to turn their back on AV06 please turn down the bid.

(edited for rather embarrassing speling error :oops: )

if the whole stereotype angle is being used by Padfield ie

you can't trust him cause he's american etc...

but you can trust me cause i'm a....... judge

well that makes me feel so much more secure :crylaugh:

That might be the mob VD, but what he has done to try and discredit the Lerner bid in an attempt to make his own more attractive - rather than actually use details from his own bid to do that (and £30m is not what I mean) is pathetic. We want grass roots change at Villa, not a short term £30m thrown at the first team. We've waited 24 years to get rid of Ellis. I am prepared to let 1 more transfer window slip by if it means getting the right man in for the long term. I will not sacrifice the long term so I can have a transfer budget for the next week. And I wouldn't look too kindly on someone who I perceive to be damaging the attempts of the best bidder and who is trying to win me over with short termism. **** off Padfield.

That might be the mob VD, but what he has done to try and discredit the Lerner bid in an attempt to make his own more attractive - rather than actually use details from his own bid to do that (and £30m is not what I mean) is pathetic. We want grass roots change at Villa, not a short term £30m thrown at the first team. We've waited 24 years to get rid of Ellis. I am prepared to let 1 more transfer window slip by if it means getting the right man in for the long term. I will not sacrifice the long term so I can have a transfer budget for the next week. And I wouldn't look too kindly on someone who I perceive to be damaging the attempts of the best bidder and who is trying to win me over with short termism. **** off Padfield.

stop sitting on the fence-you'll get splinters :lol:

that's exactly my stance of this issue-and you saved me typing it all out-cheers

Absolutely.

People have short and selective memories. A blank cheque of £30M to MO'N will ensure that.

It certainly will not as far as i'm concerned. Him and his band of merry mystery men can "promise" MON £100m for all i care - it won't mean a thing. AV06 have conducted their business in a very amateurish and shit-stirring way and i have no desire to see people with morals like that running my club.

As has been said, MON took a risk because he didn't know it was going to be sorted.

So if a bid comes in for Villa that is better for the future of the club, you think O'neill would walk just because it wasn't Lerner?

Why would he do that?

Pete, I thought I'd revisit this discussion on the back of Martin's comments today

Don't get me wrong I want the investment, but most of all I want my club back. I want the links with the fans reformed, I want to feel emotional ties again, I want to feel that the person in charge knows what I as a fan and a consumer want. Lerner is offering this to me. It may be spin, it may be PR, but he has laid his cards on the table I like the hand he was dealt.

:clap:

As has been said, MON took a risk because he didn't know it was going to be sorted.

So if a bid comes in for Villa that is better for the future of the club, you think O'neill would walk just because it wasn't Lerner?

Why would he do that?

Pete, I thought I'd revisit this discussion on the back of Martin's comments today

Ok OK, enough already, I'm sold alright?

:D

But Padfield, a deputy high court judge, added: "We are not American, and want to fly the flag."

Sorry if this has already been pointed out but WTF has Lerners' nationality got to do with the greater good of Aston Villa? How very dare he. Not very good at this PR game is he?

And if you take our Martin O'Neill away, I'll come down there and break you're face.

Anyone still to be convinced Randy is our man???

Something i've just picked up , after having a read through what the papers say on the OS , has anybody noticed not one of the articles on there mentioned Av06 or Neville's so called proposed bids , anybody else think its a ploy by the Villa PR team to not report it as they dont want it to happen ????