Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I'd really like a statment from Doug saying "i've never spoken to this Padfield chap nor do i wish too , myself and the board have already decided on the new owners for the club , and i'd now like to carry on with my holiday thank you :winkold:

Oh if only ,hehe

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looking at the board that Lerner has put together Padfield needs to put one hell of a team together to match the chairman of IMG. And their apparent lack of urgency to get a deal done says to me that its all blustering to slow things down as regards Lerner gaining the small shareholders shares and backing.

If your bid is so good why not submit it last week or could Padfield not be **** bothered on holiday

Didn't Ellis and Padfield meet last Tuesday? Ellis probably didn't like what he heard. Job done.

No, Padfield, in an interview, mentioned his surprise that, up to that point, Ellis had not contacted him to talk - as if the onus is on the seller.

Can I just re-iterate that the only "news" source to carry this story so far is the Mail. The likes of SkySports and BBC have not even given it an honourable mention. Even the Mail itself has had about 4 other stories talking how great Lerner will be for the club.

can someone answer this question

if padfield or whoever increase bids to the 5% required, does doug have to accept the bid because he has already agreed to sell at a lower price?

Can I just re-iterate that the only "news" source to carry this story so far is the Mail. The likes of SkySports and BBC have not even given it an honourable mention. Even the Mail itself has had about 4 other stories talking how great Lerner will be for the club.

No doubt that toffee nosed bitch on Central will though :winkold:

if padfield or whoever increase bids to the 5% required, does doug have to accept the bid because he has already agreed to sell at a lower price?

No the bid does not have to be accepted by Petchey, Doug or the Board at AVFC even if it is above the 5% limit is my understanding. I will happily stand corrected if I have misunderstood this.

Well looking at the board that Lerner has put together Padfield needs to put one hell of a team together to match the chairman of IMG. And their apparent lack of urgency to get a deal done says to me that its all blustering to slow things down as regards Lerner gaining the small shareholders shares and backing.

but they can npot slow it down, it is a defined process by now ...

No the bid does not have to be accepted by Petchey, Doug or the Board at AVFC even if it is above the 5% limit is my understanding. I will happily stand corrected if I have misunderstood this.

Two points.......

1. The new bid MUST be 5% above the current agreed bid.

2. The AVFC board MUST recommend this new offer to the shareholders.

Both MUST happen for Padfield to have any chance at all........

But the board won't recommend the bid, therefore no chance!

They can though try and achieve a fan unrest against Lerner and his bid if this report is accurate.

At the moment I am not entirely sure this is an accurate report from Howell.... but even if it is, its the only thing I can see them thinking they can gain by it.

They can though try and achieve a fan unrest against Lerner and his bid if this report is accurate.

At the moment I am not entirely sure this is an accurate report from Howell.... but even if it is, its the only thing I can see them thinking they can gain by it.

But regardless of what the fans say Ellis and Petchy will sell their shares in 9 days unless there is a better bid.

But does anyone know the effect of a new bid a day or so before the 10 day period expires? Does the cycle start again thus dragging it out longer by 10/21 days or what?

Could AV06 bid on the 9th day to throw a spanner in the works?

I'd really like a statment from Doug saying "i've never spoken to this Padfield chap nor do i wish too , myself and the board have already decided on the new owners for the club , and i'd now like to carry on with my holiday thank you :winkold:

Oh if only ,hehe

Hmm, interesting point though.

I wonder whether Doug going on holiday is basically him drawing a metaphorical line underneath the saga. He's recommended the Lerner bid; he hasn't had, even by Padfield's admission, any real contact with AV06. He hasn't released certain details to AV06 (as revealed by Padfield on Five Live), and now he's left the country for a while.

Doesn't sound as though he's that interested to come to the table and listen to AV06 to me.

Actions speak louder than words.

But does anyone know the effect of a new bid a day or so before the 10 day period expires? Does the cycle start again thus dragging it out longer by 10/21 days or what?

Could AV06 bid on the 9th day to throw a spanner in the works?

If a competitive offer is received, then Lerner and Mr X will work to Mr X's new timetable.

I think Lerner put his bid in expecting something from others (more bids) I would think the fact he put his bid in shows he is confident he can win and will win. Other bids etc was to be expected today I think.