Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with more of a brain than me please answer this. Ellis owns his owns shares, rather like I own my own car, surely I can choose who I want to sell my car to, even if someone else comes along and offers me more for it? Rothschilds can only advise on the deal but they cannot force Ellis to sell his shares to the highest bidder if he is satisfied with Lerners offer? Secondly, didn't I read somewhere that Ellis has gone on holiday again?

And the "merger with Blues" comment smacks of being nothing but a desperate smear on Lerner, particularly given what we know if his track record in America - do we really want to do business with people who are prepared to sink so low?

slabsquare i didnt believe this rubbish from day one. i wouldnt be suprised if one of his "rivals" made this up to turn the fans against lerner. i wouldnt be suprised if its this AV06 group after their underhand tactics against lerner today.

Av06 will not bid unless

a) they know they will have Rotshchilds backing

B) they can get an agreement with ellis and petchey like RAL have

How can they know the answer to 1&2 until they submit the offer?

How did Randy? You have meetings and negotiate the deal. They "appear" from that article to have had a meeting with rothschilds who "appear" to have told them to go ahead and bid

Should that turn out to be the case and not imaginative journalism then rothschilds believe their bid is stronger than lerner's, otherwise its a pointless exercise.

Lerner also gives us the oppurtunity to promote Villa and the Premier League in USA... and sell more shirts there.. more $$$... etc...

Lerner just outdoes these other guys in so many ways. Id prefer a non Chelsea approach too.

Someone with more of a brain than me please answer this. Ellis owns his owns shares, rather like I own my own car, surely I can choose who I want to sell my car to, even if someone else comes along and offers me more for it? Rothschilds can only advise on the deal but they cannot force Ellis to sell his shares to the highest bidder if he is satisfied with Lerners offer? Secondly, didn't I read somewhere that Ellis has gone on holiday again?

Yes you are right he can sell to whom ever he wants, but he is clearly interessted in the money based on history - would you not agree?

The way I've read this situation Steve is that a new bid MUST beat Lerner's by 5% AND become the preferred offer of the board and Ellis.

It seems the board has already accepted an offer which may not have been the biggest offer money-wise. So I'd suggest AV06 are in need of a miracle, but aren't capable of working it themselves. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone smug will point it out very shortly if I am.

A few critiscisms of what AV06 said:

AV06 state that Lerner's bid is not straight cash, as in their case, but a lease-back arrangement from his newly formed Reform Acquisitions Limited.

Riiiiiiiiight. Did they bother to read details of Lerner's bid?

"We have money for transfers, up to £30million in the August window if we can get the deal done quickly enough and we are confident we can.

So they aren't bidding until next week (something like the 23rd if the Mail are correct) but still think the 10 day window to outbid them will end before August 31st?

From a personal perspective I would be happy to hear AV06's plans. The problem I have is this. If there are a number of backers with different levels of interest this creates potential room for future conflicts.

I don't think we as fans could lose though!

But all that waiting means jack if someone wants "bluff" and keep raising the stakes till people who are preffered bid are priced out of the game anyway!

No

because your bid has to not only beat the last one by 5% it has to be recommended by the board and in theory by Rothschilds

Rothschilds have recommended Lerner's bid, but it is worth noting that they have had no other bid to compare it with to this point

Av06 will not bid unless

a) they know they will have Rotshchilds backing

B) they can get an agreement with ellis and petchey like RAL have

You know what worries me about this?

The fact that Ellis loves, LOVES to squeeze an extra few quid out of a deal at the last minute. He's done it on just about every player transfer we've ever been involved in. I can see him rubbing his hands with glee at this, and using it to try and screw more out of Lerner, even if he knows that the AV06 bid would be worse for Villa.

Dangerous game, this.

Mike

As far as I can see, all this new news from other interested parties comes from reports in the Meaning Evil who, if I remember correctly, are a paper famous for being anti-Villa. After all the good news from yesterday they just HAD to come up with something to bring us down with - its probably written into Ill Bowells contract!!!

It's not about loyalty to Lerner - but there's a perfectly good offer on the table, with appears to tick all the boxes we've craving for so long - we should accept it and get on with the real business, not get distracted and greedy. And the "merger with Blues" comment smacks of being nothing but a desperate smear on Lerner, particularly given what we know if his track record in America - do we really want to do business with people who are prepared to sink so low?

Agree with that totally. This needs to be done swiftly and with the minimum of mess.

At the moment offer letters will be going to existing shareholders. If they are returned positively and quickly then there's feck all AV06 can do.

Them muddying the waters now is no good to Villa. Granted we may not make much of an impact this season but we could do and the Manager will want this sorted as soon as possible

As much as AV06 are banging the drums, the fact that they are bad mouthing Lerner does not sit well with me.

RL has kept very quiet about this, got the fans onside and generally gone about his business in an efficient manner.

Didn't Keith Harris say that RL had a detailed plan about making Villa a force again?

Whilst I'm open to hearing what others interested in running Villa have to say, I must admit I find AV06, even with their promised millions, unprofessional.

"We are solely interested in strengthening the team..."

Bad, bad, PR. So you're not interested in marketing, infrastructure, the future?

"As regards Lerner, so many questions remain unanswered."

As regards to AV06 not one question has been answered. If they are that professional, they should get a decent PR person involved. Everything they say has holes in it.

Of course this could be to do with not wanting to reveal their plan until a bid is accepted.

The way I've read this situation Steve is that a new bid MUST beat Lerner's by 5% AND become the preferred offer of the board and Ellis.

Cheers Chris. So, as long as Ellis sticks to the word of a gentleman, an here we may have a problem, he has already agreed the sale and everyone else can sod off even if they offer silly money. The only spanner in the works that I can see is Petchey as he may want the extra cash. If any documents are signed between Ellis, Petchey and Lerner then it appears a done deal despite the spin and bluster (and sulking!!) from Padfield.

Can I just add that I doubt that the AV06 bid will be BR, afterall just re-read Ellis comments from yesterday. ANything else from him now makes him look a clearing in the woods, more of a clearing in the woods. And he wont want that, he will not want to look as though he is not in control of this.