Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

WickerMan wrote:

utter toss from the 'graph

No it isn't.

There's actually a fair bit of very accurate, if also very guarded, reporting in the article. Equally, some of it might not be 100%.

Crikey, that sounds v. on the fence, but hey....

You're right of course, but it was the 'could go on for months' bit that got my goat. It could, but IMO it won't.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does bother me,when for instance one guy was interviewed by sky saying he has no problems with Doug as he got in O'Neill.There are so many easly pleased (may i say fickle) fans around Villa park.

Im not celebrating just yet. I like O'Neill, i think his a great coupe for the club, but he will only turn us into a lower midtable club to a higher midtable club under Ellis.

arrrggghhhh bollocks i forgot what i was going to say.....................im gonna get another beer.

The fickle fans are the ones who want to avoid a takeover because of the "hassle". It's people that give HDE the confidence to continue. I'm so used to being cynical about Villa, and it's starting to creep into my mind again, but I have the voice of VT which boosts my confidence again :D

I just want it to end. :roll:

It does bother me,when for instance one guy was interviewed by sky saying he has no problems with Doug as he got in O'Neill.There are so many easly pleased (may i say fickle) fans around Villa park.

Doug knows that after the MON appointment any further protests will be seen as churlish by the mainstream audience and reported as such by the media. Even so, if he's still in place by the start of the season, we gotta do it anyway.

arrrggghhhh bollocks i forgot what i was going to say.....................im gonna get another beer.

i say get 2 :-)

Graham Taylor Villa manager 1987-90 & 2002-03

It's a good appointment for both parties. I think the Premiership needs Martin back in it and he couldn't be going to Villa at a better time because it's always good to follow what is seen as a period of failure. But I remain convinced there will be a sale of Aston Villa: whether that will be next week or in a month's time. I think this is evidence that there will be a takeover of Aston Villa but because of PLC routines it will take a bit of time. I don't think that Martin would take charge of the club if he thought that Doug was going to stay there forever. I think there's every chance he will make a success of it providing there is a change of ownership.

http://tinyurl.com/kz3um

Interesting stuff from Graham Taylor

Glenn Roeder

Newcastle United manager

Martin is one of the most intelligent football managers around and his return will certainly make the Premiership interesting this season. I love listening to Martin talk intelligently on football and he is going to make things seem a lot more colourful in the months ahead. It feels like he's been away far too long but Martin left management in extremely worrying circumstances relating to his wife's illness. I'm really pleased he's back and I am hoping Geraldine is going to be ok now."

why is that clearing in the woods sticking his nose in

Were being taken over............i think............maybe............i hope.

Just look at what the mods and the long time and respected posters have been saying here today and read between the lines a bit. Done deal IMO.

Randy's jet is going home

Everything complete in time for Monday?

Or an end of his interest?

Or a good possibility is that he came to sign O'Neill

MON's 'accidental' "brief meetings" slip definitely suggested that he had been negotiating with others, and the fact that he was late suggested he was tied up in a meeting.

The only way you would be late for your new employer is if you were in meetings with your true new employer

Randy's jet is going home

Everything complete in time for Monday?

Or an end of his interest?

Can't just be conincidence that his jet just happened to be at Luton Airport the very day MON signs for the club...when its been mde clear that he's spoken to MON about joining Villa.....Something's a foot and hopefully not Dougs THIS TIME!!

Something's a foot and hopefully not Dougs THIS TIME!!

Oh I dunno - All Ellis has to do is open his gob and his foot lands straight in there. :winkold:

The Trees - Cheers. It does seem too coincidental that the jet arrives on the day of MON's appointment and is now leaving after it is all done and dusted.

I guess the coming days will tell us more. I hope so anyway.

Oh I dunno - All Ellis has to do is open his gob and his foot lands straight in there.

Very True!....

Tx for info TT you're a star!!...Are you really doing this from the airport at Brum or can you track all this from home??!!